SALT LAKE CITY — Comedian Jeff Foxworthy, known for his redneck jokes, is headlining Gov. Gary Herbert's annual fundraising gala Friday.
The evening event at the Salt Palace Convention Center has raised $675,000, said Liv Moffat, Herbert's campaign finance adviser. Ticket prices start at $500, and sponsorships are priced from $5,000 to $25,000.
Last year's Governor's Gala featured New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, the keynote speaker at the 2012 Republican National Convention that nominated Mitt Romney for president. The event raised about $1 million.
Herbert, elected to his first full four-year term last year, has not announced whether he will seek re-election in 2016. He is currently searching for a replacement for Lt. Gov. Greg Bell, who announced this week he is stepping down.
— Lisa Riley Roche
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- Alpine Days set for Aug. 5-13
- Longtime USU professor arrested in Maryland...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 15
- Can police-community relations be... 14