SALT LAKE CITY — Comedian Jeff Foxworthy, known for his redneck jokes, is headlining Gov. Gary Herbert's annual fundraising gala Friday.
The evening event at the Salt Palace Convention Center has raised $675,000, said Liv Moffat, Herbert's campaign finance adviser. Ticket prices start at $500, and sponsorships are priced from $5,000 to $25,000.
Last year's Governor's Gala featured New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, the keynote speaker at the 2012 Republican National Convention that nominated Mitt Romney for president. The event raised about $1 million.
Herbert, elected to his first full four-year term last year, has not announced whether he will seek re-election in 2016. He is currently searching for a replacement for Lt. Gov. Greg Bell, who announced this week he is stepping down.
— Lisa Riley Roche
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 17
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 14
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 13
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 10