SALT LAKE CITY — Comedian Jeff Foxworthy, known for his redneck jokes, is headlining Gov. Gary Herbert's annual fundraising gala Friday.
The evening event at the Salt Palace Convention Center has raised $675,000, said Liv Moffat, Herbert's campaign finance adviser. Ticket prices start at $500, and sponsorships are priced from $5,000 to $25,000.
Last year's Governor's Gala featured New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, the keynote speaker at the 2012 Republican National Convention that nominated Mitt Romney for president. The event raised about $1 million.
Herbert, elected to his first full four-year term last year, has not announced whether he will seek re-election in 2016. He is currently searching for a replacement for Lt. Gov. Greg Bell, who announced this week he is stepping down.
— Lisa Riley Roche
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12