SALT LAKE CITY — Comedian Jeff Foxworthy, known for his redneck jokes, is headlining Gov. Gary Herbert's annual fundraising gala Friday.
The evening event at the Salt Palace Convention Center has raised $675,000, said Liv Moffat, Herbert's campaign finance adviser. Ticket prices start at $500, and sponsorships are priced from $5,000 to $25,000.
Last year's Governor's Gala featured New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, the keynote speaker at the 2012 Republican National Convention that nominated Mitt Romney for president. The event raised about $1 million.
Herbert, elected to his first full four-year term last year, has not announced whether he will seek re-election in 2016. He is currently searching for a replacement for Lt. Gov. Greg Bell, who announced this week he is stepping down.
— Lisa Riley Roche
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Rally in support of police also draws... 25
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 19
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9