SALT LAKE CITY — Comedian Jeff Foxworthy, known for his redneck jokes, is headlining Gov. Gary Herbert's annual fundraising gala Friday.
The evening event at the Salt Palace Convention Center has raised $675,000, said Liv Moffat, Herbert's campaign finance adviser. Ticket prices start at $500, and sponsorships are priced from $5,000 to $25,000.
Last year's Governor's Gala featured New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, the keynote speaker at the 2012 Republican National Convention that nominated Mitt Romney for president. The event raised about $1 million.
Herbert, elected to his first full four-year term last year, has not announced whether he will seek re-election in 2016. He is currently searching for a replacement for Lt. Gov. Greg Bell, who announced this week he is stepping down.
— Lisa Riley Roche
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8