Westminster soccer: men’s team plays two games at home this weekend
SALT LAKE CITY – The Westminster College men’s soccer team returns to Dumke Field for a pair of games this weekend. The Griffins begin with a Friday contest against Johnson and Wales (Colo.) at 3 p.m., and then open Frontier Conference play when Great Falls (Mont.) visits on Saturday at 2 p.m.
Both games will have live stats available. Friday’s game will be streamed live on Griffins TV and also available on Comcast 6 in northern Utah. Links for the live features can be found in the calendar section of Westminster's athletic website.
Westminster comes home at 3-4 on the season after dropping a pair of games to ranked opponents in California last weekend. The Griffins are 3-2 at home this season, including a win over then-No. 4 MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.) the last time they played at Dumke.
The Griffins have scored five goals on the season for an average of 0.71 goals per game. The offensive is struggling entering the weekend having not scored a goal in 189 minutes of action. Westminster is averaging 10.9 shots per game and putting 46.1 percent of those shots on goal.
The opposition has totaled 10 goals and is averaging 1.43 per outing. Westminster is allowing 11.6 shots per game with 56.8 percent of those attempts on frame. Griffin opponents have recorded seven assists and have scored five goals during the first half.
Westminster is a perfect 3-0 all-time against Johnson and Wales. The two teams haven’t played since 2005 when the Griffins won in Colorado, 8-1. The Wildcats only visit to Salt Lake City was an 8-0 win by the Griffins in 2004.
Great Falls comes to Salt Lake City holding a 9-2 lead in the all-time series with the Griffins. UGF has won eight straight meetings and is 4-1 at Dumke Field. The Griffins last win in the series was a 2-1 decision at Dumke in 2009.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week, moves up...
- No. 18 BYU preparing for two Utah State...
- Things won't get any easier for disappointed...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead, game to...
- Mike Sorensen: 5 reasons to be excited (or...
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on 'red-alert'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 280
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 87
- Things won't get any easier for... 64
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 50
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 37
- Dick Harmon: How will Utes slow down... 31
- Utah football pre-game day roundup:... 19