Westminster soccer: men’s team plays two games at home this weekend
SALT LAKE CITY – The Westminster College men’s soccer team returns to Dumke Field for a pair of games this weekend. The Griffins begin with a Friday contest against Johnson and Wales (Colo.) at 3 p.m., and then open Frontier Conference play when Great Falls (Mont.) visits on Saturday at 2 p.m.
Both games will have live stats available. Friday’s game will be streamed live on Griffins TV and also available on Comcast 6 in northern Utah. Links for the live features can be found in the calendar section of Westminster's athletic website.
Westminster comes home at 3-4 on the season after dropping a pair of games to ranked opponents in California last weekend. The Griffins are 3-2 at home this season, including a win over then-No. 4 MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.) the last time they played at Dumke.
The Griffins have scored five goals on the season for an average of 0.71 goals per game. The offensive is struggling entering the weekend having not scored a goal in 189 minutes of action. Westminster is averaging 10.9 shots per game and putting 46.1 percent of those shots on goal.
The opposition has totaled 10 goals and is averaging 1.43 per outing. Westminster is allowing 11.6 shots per game with 56.8 percent of those attempts on frame. Griffin opponents have recorded seven assists and have scored five goals during the first half.
Westminster is a perfect 3-0 all-time against Johnson and Wales. The two teams haven’t played since 2005 when the Griffins won in Colorado, 8-1. The Wildcats only visit to Salt Lake City was an 8-0 win by the Griffins in 2004.
Great Falls comes to Salt Lake City holding a 9-2 lead in the all-time series with the Griffins. UGF has won eight straight meetings and is 4-1 at Dumke Field. The Griffins last win in the series was a 2-1 decision at Dumke in 2009.
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart from...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Friday night lights central, week 5: Scores,...
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- BYU vs. Virginia primer
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 107
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 71
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 62
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 54
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 50
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 44