St. George woman's recipe is Pillsbury contest semifinalist
The St. George resident is one of 60 semifinalists, and through online voting through 10:59 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 26, it will be narrowed to 33 finalists who will compete for the $1 million prize in Las Vegas Nov. 10-12.
Two other groups of 60 in the Simple Sweets and Starters and the Amazing Doable Dinners categories have already been narrowed to 67.
To vote or for information on the contest, go to www.pillsbury.com.
Free registration is required to vote.
POTATO AND HAM MINI FRITTATAS
Prep time: 25 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
1 bag (11 ounces) Green Giant Seasoned Steamers frozen backyard grilled potatoes
1 cup finely chopped ham1 jar (4.5 ounce) Green Giant sliced mushrooms, drained, chopped8 eggs1 cup milk¼ cup Pillsbury Best Self-Rising Flour1 cup finely shredded Asiago cheese Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 24 regular-size muffin cups with Crisco Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Microwave frozen potatoes as directed on bag. Cool 3 minutes; coarsely chop.
In medium bowl, mix potatoes, ham, mushrooms, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. In another medium bowl, beat eggs, milk and flour with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
Spoon 2 tablespoons potato mixture into each muffin cup. Divide egg mixture evenly among muffin cups (about 3 tablespoons each). Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake 12 to 17 minutes or until center is set. Cool 2 minutes. Run knife around edge of each frittata to loosen; remove to serving platter.
Nutrition information: serving size: 1 serving; calories 160 (calories from fat 80 g), total fat 9 g, (saturated fat 4 g, trans fat 0 g ), cholesterol 140 mg, sodium 470mg; total carbohydrate 9 g, dietary fiber 0 g, sugars 2 g, protein 10 g
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: CTRappleye
- Provo's Waffle Love made time for church...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- The cost of child care trumps rent —...
- The Clean Cut: Peewee football players dance...
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending
- 30 questions to ask your kid instead of 'How...
- Teach your children to be coachable
- UTubers: Jenny Oaks Baker performs tribute to...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: To the mom who... 7
- Here’s a look at Disney’s... 5
- Chris Hicks: Modern comedies... 4
- 5 amazing true stories of fate bringing... 3
- My view: Teenagers need environments... 3
- The cost of child care trumps rent... 3
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: Your presence is... 2
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending 2