Extra raised cardboard pieces on the left page correspond to the same embedded shapes on the right page that represent opposite concepts. For example, “heavy” (and elephant shape) is opposite to “light” (the shape of a cloud). Concepts include animals and objects from nature. “Opposites” is a delightful book for fingers and eyes to explore.
"HAVE YOU SEEN BUNNY?" by Smriti Prasadam-Halls, illustrated by Michelle Berg, Hodder & Stoughton/Orchard, $7.99 (up to age 3)
A new edition in the Go Baby! line is “Have You Seen Bunny?” which encourages young readers to lift flaps trying to find Bunny in time for his afternoon snack. Several animals are hidden, including Badger under a rock and a pink flower flap hides Lamb. Readers will be relieved that Bunny is found and does get his afternoon tea just in time to "hide" him again. Others in the series include: “Have You Seen Puppy?” and “Have You Seen Kitty?”
Grosset & Dunlap publishers are teaming with Sassy, a marketer of baby hygiene items, toys and feeding supplies, to publish four new board book titles. Each is illustrated by Dave Aikins and appropriate to age 3.
"BABY SEES: A First Book of Faces," $6.99: Black, white and contrasting colors that newborns are mostly able to focus on are combined with images of “Mommy!” “Daddy!” and other everyday objects. An embedded mirror is found on the final page so babies can see themselves.
"WHO SAYS?" $6.99: The youngest reader will learn about the sounds that different animals make from simple, brightly illustrated pictures.
"BABY’S WORLD: A First Book of Senses," $7.99: With flaps to lift and textures to feel, this book is perfect to begin learning about the five senses.
"BABY LOVES COLORS," $6.99: Six colors — red, yellow, orange, green and blue — are used to illustrate simple pictures, with raised edges to accent the shape of each. Baby will learn tacitly as well as by sight with this board book.
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and Winston...
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Flu season off and running in Utah; H1N1...
- Families celebrate Christmas traditions as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Genealogy: A journal has many uses
- Holiday video game guide: Something for...
- 4 recently released LDS picture books
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 114
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 44
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday... 16
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for... 8
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 8
- The Killers collaborates with Owen... 7
- Saving Africa? New book casts harsh... 6
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care... 5