SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee is seeking public comment on recently appointed judges in the 1st and 8th judicial districts.
The appointees are Brian G. Cannell, 1st District Court; Samuel P. Chiara, 8th District Court; Keith Eddington, 8th District Juvenile Court; and Ryan Evershed, 8th District Juvenile Court
Those who want to comment should contact Mike Christensen at the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel, Utah State Capitol Campus, House Building, Suite W210, P.O. Box 145210, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-5210, by 5 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 1. All statements should include the respondent’s name, telephone number and mailing address.
The committee will hold public hearings regarding the nominations Tuesday, Oct. 8, and Wednesday, Oct. 9. The committee will issue recommendations to the full state Senate prior to a final confirmation vote, likely to occur Oct. 16.
The 1st District Court includes Box Elder County, Cache County and Rich County. The 8th Judicial District Court includes Daggett County, Duchesne County and Uintah County.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8