SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee is seeking public comment on recently appointed judges in the 1st and 8th judicial districts.
The appointees are Brian G. Cannell, 1st District Court; Samuel P. Chiara, 8th District Court; Keith Eddington, 8th District Juvenile Court; and Ryan Evershed, 8th District Juvenile Court
Those who want to comment should contact Mike Christensen at the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel, Utah State Capitol Campus, House Building, Suite W210, P.O. Box 145210, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-5210, by 5 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 1. All statements should include the respondent’s name, telephone number and mailing address.
The committee will hold public hearings regarding the nominations Tuesday, Oct. 8, and Wednesday, Oct. 9. The committee will issue recommendations to the full state Senate prior to a final confirmation vote, likely to occur Oct. 16.
The 1st District Court includes Box Elder County, Cache County and Rich County. The 8th Judicial District Court includes Daggett County, Duchesne County and Uintah County.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 69
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 51
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 27
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 13