SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee is seeking public comment on recently appointed judges in the 1st and 8th judicial districts.
The appointees are Brian G. Cannell, 1st District Court; Samuel P. Chiara, 8th District Court; Keith Eddington, 8th District Juvenile Court; and Ryan Evershed, 8th District Juvenile Court
Those who want to comment should contact Mike Christensen at the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel, Utah State Capitol Campus, House Building, Suite W210, P.O. Box 145210, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-5210, by 5 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 1. All statements should include the respondent’s name, telephone number and mailing address.
The committee will hold public hearings regarding the nominations Tuesday, Oct. 8, and Wednesday, Oct. 9. The committee will issue recommendations to the full state Senate prior to a final confirmation vote, likely to occur Oct. 16.
The 1st District Court includes Box Elder County, Cache County and Rich County. The 8th Judicial District Court includes Daggett County, Duchesne County and Uintah County.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26