SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee is seeking public comment on recently appointed judges in the 1st and 8th judicial districts.
The appointees are Brian G. Cannell, 1st District Court; Samuel P. Chiara, 8th District Court; Keith Eddington, 8th District Juvenile Court; and Ryan Evershed, 8th District Juvenile Court
Those who want to comment should contact Mike Christensen at the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel, Utah State Capitol Campus, House Building, Suite W210, P.O. Box 145210, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-5210, by 5 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 1. All statements should include the respondent’s name, telephone number and mailing address.
The committee will hold public hearings regarding the nominations Tuesday, Oct. 8, and Wednesday, Oct. 9. The committee will issue recommendations to the full state Senate prior to a final confirmation vote, likely to occur Oct. 16.
The 1st District Court includes Box Elder County, Cache County and Rich County. The 8th Judicial District Court includes Daggett County, Duchesne County and Uintah County.
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- Mia Love paying back money spent on...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 81
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 54
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 47
- Mia Love paying back money spent on... 43
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 34
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 18
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15