SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee is seeking public comment on recently appointed judges in the 1st and 8th judicial districts.
The appointees are Brian G. Cannell, 1st District Court; Samuel P. Chiara, 8th District Court; Keith Eddington, 8th District Juvenile Court; and Ryan Evershed, 8th District Juvenile Court
Those who want to comment should contact Mike Christensen at the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel, Utah State Capitol Campus, House Building, Suite W210, P.O. Box 145210, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-5210, by 5 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 1. All statements should include the respondent’s name, telephone number and mailing address.
The committee will hold public hearings regarding the nominations Tuesday, Oct. 8, and Wednesday, Oct. 9. The committee will issue recommendations to the full state Senate prior to a final confirmation vote, likely to occur Oct. 16.
The 1st District Court includes Box Elder County, Cache County and Rich County. The 8th Judicial District Court includes Daggett County, Duchesne County and Uintah County.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy shine...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Photos: Here comes the sun
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 31
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11