The BYU women's soccer team has two games this week to recover from a home loss to UC Irvine over the weekend. The Cougars (4-1-1) will host Oklahoma on Thursday at 7 p.m. on South Field before traveling to Long Beach State on Saturday at 8 p.m.
The Cougars played Oregon on the road to a scoreless draw last Thursday before falling 1-0 to UC Irvine on a last-minute goal.
Oklahoma (3-5-0) split its two home games last weekend. The Sooners beat Oral Roberts, 1-0, but fell to North Texas, 5-0. This is Oklahoma's last weekend before Big 12 conference play begins. The Sooners were picked to finish eighth in the conference.
Long Beach State (4-3-0) took on two SEC opponents last weekend on the road. The 49ers lost to Georgia, 1-0, and beat Auburn, 2-1, in overtime. The 49ers were picked to finish second in the Big West, behind Cal State Fullerton and tied with UC Irvine.
- Commentary: Long-term success in independence...
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie re-signs...
- 2014 NBA draft tracker: An ongoing look at...
- Former Cougar star Jackson Emery shares...
- High school boys basketball: Underdogs shine...
- High school sports: Thursday's prep roundup
- BYU basketball: Cougars face No. 21 UMass in...
- Utah Jazz: Banner day coming for Jerry Sloan
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 102
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 60
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 57
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 52
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Dick Harmon: USC taps BYU experience... 46
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 43