BYU, Utah football: Dates finalized for rivalry games in 2017, 2018
Tom Smart, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU and Utah announced Monday afternoon that their storied rivalry will continue in 2017 and 2018.
The Cougars and Utes meet Saturday, then will take a two-year hiatus.
BYU and Utah will meet in Provo on Sept. 9, 2017, and in Salt Lake City on Nov. 14, 2018. The two teams are now scheduled to play four times over the next six seasons.
“As many people are aware, we have been working on these two games for a while,” said BYU director of athletics Tom Holmoe. “It’s an important historical series for the state and the fans of both schools. It’s nice to have it completed.”
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Utah State's Evans has been on a 'long journey'
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 30
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 24