BYU, Utah football: Dates finalized for rivalry games in 2017, 2018
Tom Smart, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU and Utah announced Monday afternoon that their storied rivalry will continue in 2017 and 2018.
The Cougars and Utes meet Saturday, then will take a two-year hiatus.
BYU and Utah will meet in Provo on Sept. 9, 2017, and in Salt Lake City on Nov. 14, 2018. The two teams are now scheduled to play four times over the next six seasons.
“As many people are aware, we have been working on these two games for a while,” said BYU director of athletics Tom Holmoe. “It’s an important historical series for the state and the fans of both schools. It’s nice to have it completed.”
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 50
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 24