BYU, Utah football: Dates finalized for rivalry games in 2017, 2018
Tom Smart, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU and Utah announced Monday afternoon that their storied rivalry will continue in 2017 and 2018.
The Cougars and Utes meet Saturday, then will take a two-year hiatus.
BYU and Utah will meet in Provo on Sept. 9, 2017, and in Salt Lake City on Nov. 14, 2018. The two teams are now scheduled to play four times over the next six seasons.
“As many people are aware, we have been working on these two games for a while,” said BYU director of athletics Tom Holmoe. “It’s an important historical series for the state and the fans of both schools. It’s nice to have it completed.”
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19