BYU, Utah football: Dates finalized for rivalry games in 2017, 2018
Tom Smart, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU and Utah announced Monday afternoon that their storied rivalry will continue in 2017 and 2018.
The Cougars and Utes meet Saturday, then will take a two-year hiatus.
BYU and Utah will meet in Provo on Sept. 9, 2017, and in Salt Lake City on Nov. 14, 2018. The two teams are now scheduled to play four times over the next six seasons.
“As many people are aware, we have been working on these two games for a while,” said BYU director of athletics Tom Holmoe. “It’s an important historical series for the state and the fans of both schools. It’s nice to have it completed.”
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 84
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 36
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 25