Justin Bieber, Instagram
Last week, pop star Justin Bieber tweeted about an emotional experience he had in church.
The 19-year-old, who has a strong relationship with Pastor Carl Lentz of the Hillsong Church NYC, made time Sunday to attend a service amid his appearances at the New York fashion show. After tweeting "Good Sunday so far," Bieber shared his church experience with his 40 million followers.
"Love to my guy @carllentzNYC for the amazing sermon at church this morning," Bieber tweeted. "Love you man. I broke down today. Thank (you)."
Talking about religion on social media is nothing new for Bieber; in the past he has been very open about his Christian beliefs. Earlier this summer, Bieber posted a picture with Lentz on Instagram. The caption read: "Me and my homies @ryangood24 and @carllentz at lunch talking bout our savior Jesus Christ."
Most followers have supported and celebrated Bieber's sharing of religious beliefs. One commenter wrote, "I'm so proud of the fact that with everything going on in your life, you don't completely lose yourself in the midst of it."
Another fan expressed her similar beliefs and support: "I love the fact that you still pray and go and praise God!"
Bieber also posted a picture of himself and Lentz last Sunday. Lentz has recently gained attention as an unconventional pastor with many celebrity followers from Jay-Z to NBA star Kevin Durant.
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm headed to...
- LDS Church enhances web pages on its history,...
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did not win'...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the time to...
- Amish school shooter's kin: Horror, then healing
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Many Mormon missionaries who return... 108
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm... 64
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 22
- Space and religion: How believers view... 20
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 13
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did... 9
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the... 8
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the... 8