Justin Bieber attends church, tweets about the messages he learned
Justin Bieber, Instagram
Last week, pop star Justin Bieber tweeted about an emotional experience he had in church.
The 19-year-old, who has a strong relationship with Pastor Carl Lentz of the Hillsong Church NYC, made time Sunday to attend a service amid his appearances at the New York fashion show. After tweeting "Good Sunday so far," Bieber shared his church experience with his 40 million followers.
"Love to my guy @carllentzNYC for the amazing sermon at church this morning," Bieber tweeted. "Love you man. I broke down today. Thank (you)."
Talking about religion on social media is nothing new for Bieber; in the past he has been very open about his Christian beliefs. Earlier this summer, Bieber posted a picture with Lentz on Instagram. The caption read: "Me and my homies @ryangood24 and @carllentz at lunch talking bout our savior Jesus Christ."
Most followers have supported and celebrated Bieber's sharing of religious beliefs. One commenter wrote, "I'm so proud of the fact that with everything going on in your life, you don't completely lose yourself in the midst of it."
Another fan expressed her similar beliefs and support: "I love the fact that you still pray and go and praise God!"
Bieber also posted a picture of himself and Lentz last Sunday. Lentz has recently gained attention as an unconventional pastor with many celebrity followers from Jay-Z to NBA star Kevin Durant.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the first 3...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Defending the Faith: Remembering the Exodus...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer on trek...
- LDS Church to break ground next month for...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer... 72
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest? 63
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 52
- Observers uncertain about the impact of... 45
- What does the Mormon 'temperature'... 39
- LDS Church to break ground next month... 29
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the... 19
- Defending the Faith: Remembering the... 17