Justin Bieber attends church, tweets about the messages he learned
Justin Bieber, Instagram
Last week, pop star Justin Bieber tweeted about an emotional experience he had in church.
The 19-year-old, who has a strong relationship with Pastor Carl Lentz of the Hillsong Church NYC, made time Sunday to attend a service amid his appearances at the New York fashion show. After tweeting "Good Sunday so far," Bieber shared his church experience with his 40 million followers.
"Love to my guy @carllentzNYC for the amazing sermon at church this morning," Bieber tweeted. "Love you man. I broke down today. Thank (you)."
Talking about religion on social media is nothing new for Bieber; in the past he has been very open about his Christian beliefs. Earlier this summer, Bieber posted a picture with Lentz on Instagram. The caption read: "Me and my homies @ryangood24 and @carllentz at lunch talking bout our savior Jesus Christ."
Most followers have supported and celebrated Bieber's sharing of religious beliefs. One commenter wrote, "I'm so proud of the fact that with everything going on in your life, you don't completely lose yourself in the midst of it."
Another fan expressed her similar beliefs and support: "I love the fact that you still pray and go and praise God!"
Bieber also posted a picture of himself and Lentz last Sunday. Lentz has recently gained attention as an unconventional pastor with many celebrity followers from Jay-Z to NBA star Kevin Durant.
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- Draper family shows that tragedy can reveal...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- #MeetMyGrandma: Mormons aim to capture the...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 71
- New Mormon Message video highlights how... 34
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs... 19
- New DVD tells story of David... 14
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as... 13
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- 10 ideas of what God looks like 8
- Church leaders can learn from NFL... 7