Justin Bieber, Instagram
Last week, pop star Justin Bieber tweeted about an emotional experience he had in church.
The 19-year-old, who has a strong relationship with Pastor Carl Lentz of the Hillsong Church NYC, made time Sunday to attend a service amid his appearances at the New York fashion show. After tweeting "Good Sunday so far," Bieber shared his church experience with his 40 million followers.
"Love to my guy @carllentzNYC for the amazing sermon at church this morning," Bieber tweeted. "Love you man. I broke down today. Thank (you)."
Talking about religion on social media is nothing new for Bieber; in the past he has been very open about his Christian beliefs. Earlier this summer, Bieber posted a picture with Lentz on Instagram. The caption read: "Me and my homies @ryangood24 and @carllentz at lunch talking bout our savior Jesus Christ."
Most followers have supported and celebrated Bieber's sharing of religious beliefs. One commenter wrote, "I'm so proud of the fact that with everything going on in your life, you don't completely lose yourself in the midst of it."
Another fan expressed her similar beliefs and support: "I love the fact that you still pray and go and praise God!"
Bieber also posted a picture of himself and Lentz last Sunday. Lentz has recently gained attention as an unconventional pastor with many celebrity followers from Jay-Z to NBA star Kevin Durant.
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood' by...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- 10 things to do with an LDS account
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 63
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 50
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 34
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 28
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20