Elisa T. Adamson
Coach Gordon Eakin announced the fall schedule for BYU softball on Monday, which will feature six home games and two away games.
“The fall season is an important time to integrate the new coaches and incoming freshman to our system,” Eakin said. “It is an exciting time and I believe we have all the ingredients of a very good team. We have pitching, speed and power.”
Eakin said there is a renewed energy in the program since the addition of Kristin Delahoussaye and Pete Meredith onto the staff, and BYU hopes that it will be able to channel the energy to build on last year’s late success for a faster start this year.
The Cougars welcome seven new incoming freshmen to a young team that features 11 underclassmen. However, BYU returns 80 percent of the RBIs and 67 percent of the runs scored for the 2014 season.
The fall games begin with a doubleheader against the College of Southern Idaho and Weber State on Sept. 28 at Gail Miller Field. Following another week of byes, BYU welcomes UVU to Gail Miller Field on Oct. 8. The home games wrap up with Salt Lake Community College on Oct. 18 and a doubleheader on Oct. 19 featuring Snow College and Southern Utah.
The fall schedule ends with a trip to St. George to play Dixie State in a doubleheader on Oct. 26.
Spencer Shamo is a Communications major at BYU and the BYU softball SID.
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32
- Jim McMahon: 37 years later, former BYU... 28