Brothers Trevor, Drew Reilly will be on opposite sides of BYU-Utah rivalry this weekend
“I think he could have played here at Utah,” Trevor said. “But circumstances worked out where BYU gave him a scholarship for the spring, he met his future wife down there, and so I think it all worked out.”
Drew and his fiance Ashlyn will be married Nov. 2 at the Mount Timpanogos LDS Temple in American Fork.
While sitting out last season because of NCAA transfer rules, Drew played the role of Trevor on BYU’s scout team in preparation for the Utah game. A year earlier, Trevor earned Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week honors by recording three forced fumbles, three tackles for loss, two sacks, a fumble recovery and a pass breakup in the Utes’ 54-10 win over the Cougars in Provo.
“That week was real awkward for me, super awkward,” Drew said of his scout team representation. “He single-handedly almost tore our team up the year before, so that was pretty uncomfortable for that period of time.”
Now comes a head-to-head meeting — at least when it comes to teams — this weekend.
“I’ve never played against my brother like that so it’ll be real weird,” Trevor said.
Added Drew: “Take all the tackles, but leave everything else.”
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 85
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 74
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 47
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 30