Despite the fortuitous timing, he said he likely would have left L-3 anyway.
“The biggest deal was that it went from a place where you were recognized for going above and beyond to a place where you were expected to go above and beyond because you were lucky to have a job,” Ferguson said.
The Utah Department of Workforce Services has been working with the L-3 employees who were laid off, said department spokesman Nic Dunn. A program called Rapid Response has been implemented at the department to help laid-off employees find new jobs as quickly as possible, he said.
“We’re definitely there to spring into action quickly,” Dunn said. “Very, very quickly, you’re going to be connected with resources for new jobs in your field or a related field.”
The department's services range from hosting a workshop to handing out brochures, networking and connecting people with resources for more training if needed, he said.
“Basically, any piece of information you would need to have a stable, smooth and fast transition back into another job, that’s what we offer someone who’s laid off,” Dunn said. “You've got to realize this is a tumultuous time for these individuals if they’re effected by layoffs.”
The department's main purpose is to funnel people into employment, he said.
"The goal is always to get people back to work,” Dunn said.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: EmileeEagar
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House...
- February deemed a snowpack savior for...
- FBI investigating shooting of Fort Duchesne man
- Sprinkler system, new station help contain...
- National, local businesses file briefs... 52
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 51
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 39
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Attempt to raise minimum wage in Utah... 30
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 27
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Sweden... 23
- 'Win-win solution' keeps Utah caucus... 20