Ravell Call, Deseret News
FARMINGTON — Utah Department of Transportation officials are planning to launch a $120 million construction project along I-15 in Davis County this spring.
The project will replace seven bridges, reconfigure two interchanges at 2600 South in Woods Cross and 500 South in Bountiful and add a northbound express lane between North Salt Lake and Farmington, said Nathan Peterson, Region 1 project manager for UDOT.
"We kind of have a gap right there which we want to fill," he said.
UDOT is currently selecting between three firms vying for the contract with the expectation that construction will begin this spring and be completed in September 2015.
Peterson said the final designs will depend on the team selected to complete the project, but the current proposal is to modify the interchange at 2600 South to reconfigure one of the ramps and to replace the interchange at 500 South with a "Diverging Diamond Interchange," a design currently seen in Utah County and at Contributing: Becky Bruce
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: bjaminwood
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- A photographic look at how Days of '47 floats...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Supporters rally around breast-feeding... 73
- Gov. says Utah will comply with law if... 59
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14