Ravell Call, Deseret News
FARMINGTON — Utah Department of Transportation officials are planning to launch a $120 million construction project along I-15 in Davis County this spring.
The project will replace seven bridges, reconfigure two interchanges at 2600 South in Woods Cross and 500 South in Bountiful and add a northbound express lane between North Salt Lake and Farmington, said Nathan Peterson, Region 1 project manager for UDOT.
"We kind of have a gap right there which we want to fill," he said.
UDOT is currently selecting between three firms vying for the contract with the expectation that construction will begin this spring and be completed in September 2015.
Peterson said the final designs will depend on the team selected to complete the project, but the current proposal is to modify the interchange at 2600 South to reconfigure one of the ramps and to replace the interchange at 500 South with a "Diverging Diamond Interchange," a design currently seen in Utah County and at Contributing: Becky Bruce
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: bjaminwood
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 81
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 35
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 33
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26