Ravell Call, Deseret News
FARMINGTON — Utah Department of Transportation officials are planning to launch a $120 million construction project along I-15 in Davis County this spring.
The project will replace seven bridges, reconfigure two interchanges at 2600 South in Woods Cross and 500 South in Bountiful and add a northbound express lane between North Salt Lake and Farmington, said Nathan Peterson, Region 1 project manager for UDOT.
"We kind of have a gap right there which we want to fill," he said.
UDOT is currently selecting between three firms vying for the contract with the expectation that construction will begin this spring and be completed in September 2015.
Peterson said the final designs will depend on the team selected to complete the project, but the current proposal is to modify the interchange at 2600 South to reconfigure one of the ramps and to replace the interchange at 500 South with a "Diverging Diamond Interchange," a design currently seen in Utah County and at Contributing: Becky Bruce
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: bjaminwood
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Photos: Hartvigsen School honors 2016 graduates
- Salt Lake City to begin phasing out smoking...
- Photos: Harmons employees go toe-to-toe for a...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Utah's energy summit highlights challenges,...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 104
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 9
- Salt Lake City Council allocates... 8