Westminster soccer: Griffins fall to 14th-ranked Martin Methodist
OLUMBIA, Ky. – The Westminster College women’s soccer team opened the 2013 Lindsey Wilson Stanno Classic with a 2-0 loss to No. 14 Martin Methodist (Tenn.) on Friday evening at Walter S. Reuling Stadium.
Both Martin Methodist (3-1) goals during the defensive battle came late in the second half. Martin Methodist got the game’s first goal in the 75th minute on a strike by Aisling Kerr for her first goal of the season. The RedHawks added some insurance in the 80th minute with a goal from Lauren Badalamente.
Westminster (3-4) could only manage four shots in the game with three of those coming in the second half. The Griffins put three of those attempts on goal while also taking one corner kick.
Jamie Wilkinson suffered the loss in goal for the Griffins, and they fall to 3-4 on the season.
Westminster will return to action Saturday when it faces No. 1 Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) in the final game of the Stanno Classic. The game is slated for a 6:15 p.m. first kick.
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 88
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 54
- High school football: State tournament... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32