Westminster soccer: Griffins fall to 14th-ranked Martin Methodist
OLUMBIA, Ky. – The Westminster College women’s soccer team opened the 2013 Lindsey Wilson Stanno Classic with a 2-0 loss to No. 14 Martin Methodist (Tenn.) on Friday evening at Walter S. Reuling Stadium.
Both Martin Methodist (3-1) goals during the defensive battle came late in the second half. Martin Methodist got the game’s first goal in the 75th minute on a strike by Aisling Kerr for her first goal of the season. The RedHawks added some insurance in the 80th minute with a goal from Lauren Badalamente.
Westminster (3-4) could only manage four shots in the game with three of those coming in the second half. The Griffins put three of those attempts on goal while also taking one corner kick.
Jamie Wilkinson suffered the loss in goal for the Griffins, and they fall to 3-4 on the season.
Westminster will return to action Saturday when it faces No. 1 Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) in the final game of the Stanno Classic. The game is slated for a 6:15 p.m. first kick.
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 67
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 51