Woods Cross police looking for 'aggressive' team of bank robbers
WOODS CROSS — Police are looking for four people who teamed up to rob a Wells Fargo Bank at gunpoint Friday.
Woods Cross Police Cpl. Jason Matthews called the robbery "aggressive." Three people entered the bank, 2440 S. U.S. 89, about 1:30 p.m., brandishing a gun and shouting for patrons to get out of the way.
One person remained outside in a small, red getaway car, while the rest of the team demanded cash from bank tellers.
"We definitely want to get these guys," Matthews said. "It was fairly aggressive."
Police closed down the bank for the rest of the day and spent the afternoon collecting forensic evidence from the scene, he said.
While investigators collected clues at the bank and officers in the area remained on high alert, a man attempted to rob a bank about two blocks away and was quickly apprehended.
The man robbed a Key Bank at 1065 N. U.S. 89 just before 4 p.m., making off with an undisclosed amount of cash, North Salt Lake Police Sgt. Cade Veigel said. Police issued an attempt to locate bulletin, and the suspected robber was arrested in Salt Lake City shortly after.
The man's name was not immediately released pending his booking into Salt Lake County Jail.
Police say the two robberies were unrelated.
Investigators are asking anyone who was in Woods Cross at the time of the Wells Fargo robbery and may have information about the suspects to call 801-292-4422.
— McKenzie Romero
- Argument, break-up threats preceded double...
- 10 Utahns charged in alleged identity theft...
- Delta man staged hate crimes in a 'cry for...
- Sandy man beat woman, tried to put her in an...
- 6-year-old recounts terror of man breaking...
- UVU hopes to become 'national leader' with...
- Man stabbed in downtown Salt Lake near Temple...
- Feds to drop some charges in Jeremy Johnson...
- Utahns have mixed reactions to Supreme... 58
- Experts: Decision raises religious... 52
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 40
- Utah's same-sex marriage supporters... 30
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 24
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 14
- Educators, parents see four-year high... 13
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns EPA's... 12