Woods Cross police looking for 'aggressive' team of bank robbers
WOODS CROSS — Police are looking for four people who teamed up to rob a Wells Fargo Bank at gunpoint Friday.
Woods Cross Police Cpl. Jason Matthews called the robbery "aggressive." Three people entered the bank, 2440 S. U.S. 89, about 1:30 p.m., brandishing a gun and shouting for patrons to get out of the way.
One person remained outside in a small, red getaway car, while the rest of the team demanded cash from bank tellers.
"We definitely want to get these guys," Matthews said. "It was fairly aggressive."
Police closed down the bank for the rest of the day and spent the afternoon collecting forensic evidence from the scene, he said.
While investigators collected clues at the bank and officers in the area remained on high alert, a man attempted to rob a bank about two blocks away and was quickly apprehended.
The man robbed a Key Bank at 1065 N. U.S. 89 just before 4 p.m., making off with an undisclosed amount of cash, North Salt Lake Police Sgt. Cade Veigel said. Police issued an attempt to locate bulletin, and the suspected robber was arrested in Salt Lake City shortly after.
The man's name was not immediately released pending his booking into Salt Lake County Jail.
Police say the two robberies were unrelated.
Investigators are asking anyone who was in Woods Cross at the time of the Wells Fargo robbery and may have information about the suspects to call 801-292-4422.
— McKenzie Romero
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Fear of pending apocalypse led to...
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- Man accused in BYU gropings accepts diversion...
- LDS statement could move Utah...
- Bill would increase incentives for early high...
- Business community supports tax increases for...
- Marc Jenson claims he advised investors early...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 185
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 60
- Sen. Mike Lee urges conservative... 40
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 35
- LDS statement could move Utah... 29
- Are you willing to pay more for your... 26
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed... 24
- Business community supports tax... 21