The Deseret News achieved an online milestone during August 2013 with 32.8 million page views across all its digital platforms, making last month the first time the combined page views from DeseretNews.com and the newspaper’s mobile websites and app surpassed 30 million.
"Our website and mobile apps have seen tremendous success in 2013 because of our strategy to hire smart digital natives who get the intersection of news, social media and mobile in a world of savvy digital readers,” DeseretNews.com general manager Chris Higbee said. “As ever, 'content is king.’ ”
The 32.8 million page views during August marked a 52.8 percent year-over-year increase from August 2012, when all Deseret News digital platforms accrued a combined 21.5 million Web hits.
“A huge part of our growth lies in the stories on DeseretNews.com that are striking a chord with families looking for news that takes their values into account,” Higbee added.
The Deseret News mobile app generated approximately 10 percent of last month’s page views. This year alone, users have downloaded the app onto a smartphone or tablet 88,765 times.
Additional statistics that further illustrate the Deseret News’ robust online expansion:
67.9 percent more unique visitors for DeseretNews.com year to date than 2012
44 percent more visits for DeseretNews.com year to date than 2012
31.5 percent more page views for DeseretNews.com year to date than 2012
According to Alexa.com, DeseretNews.com ranks 25th among U.S. newspaper websites in terms of online traffic.
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to surprise...
- Couple charged with stealing Hondas from TRAX...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 38
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 26
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 19
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15