The Deseret News achieved an online milestone during August 2013 with 32.8 million page views across all its digital platforms, making last month the first time the combined page views from DeseretNews.com and the newspaper’s mobile websites and app surpassed 30 million.
"Our website and mobile apps have seen tremendous success in 2013 because of our strategy to hire smart digital natives who get the intersection of news, social media and mobile in a world of savvy digital readers,” DeseretNews.com general manager Chris Higbee said. “As ever, 'content is king.’ ”
The 32.8 million page views during August marked a 52.8 percent year-over-year increase from August 2012, when all Deseret News digital platforms accrued a combined 21.5 million Web hits.
“A huge part of our growth lies in the stories on DeseretNews.com that are striking a chord with families looking for news that takes their values into account,” Higbee added.
The Deseret News mobile app generated approximately 10 percent of last month’s page views. This year alone, users have downloaded the app onto a smartphone or tablet 88,765 times.
Additional statistics that further illustrate the Deseret News’ robust online expansion:
67.9 percent more unique visitors for DeseretNews.com year to date than 2012
44 percent more visits for DeseretNews.com year to date than 2012
31.5 percent more page views for DeseretNews.com year to date than 2012
According to Alexa.com, DeseretNews.com ranks 25th among U.S. newspaper websites in terms of online traffic.
- LDS Church, LGBT advocates back...
- Defending the Faith: Exploring complexities...
- Senate panel endorses anti-discrimination,...
- Weighing in: The top 20 metro areas with the...
- Mom of slain girl says teen murder suspect...
- Bariatric Surgery, shedding pounds and...
- Sherry Young: Lose the game but not your...
- John Wall harbored hatred for ex-wife after...
- LDS Church, LGBT advocates back... 90
- Defending the Faith: Exploring... 52
- Mitt Romney calls Utah GOP move to a... 49
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the... 42
- Utah assails Obama's Clean Power Plan 28
- House leaders counter Healthy Utah,... 28
- Gov. Gary Herbert's Healthy Utah plan... 26
- House will hear Healthy Utah alongside... 22