The Deseret News achieved an online milestone during August 2013 with 32.8 million page views across all its digital platforms, making last month the first time the combined page views from DeseretNews.com and the newspaper’s mobile websites and app surpassed 30 million.
"Our website and mobile apps have seen tremendous success in 2013 because of our strategy to hire smart digital natives who get the intersection of news, social media and mobile in a world of savvy digital readers,” DeseretNews.com general manager Chris Higbee said. “As ever, 'content is king.’ ”
The 32.8 million page views during August marked a 52.8 percent year-over-year increase from August 2012, when all Deseret News digital platforms accrued a combined 21.5 million Web hits.
“A huge part of our growth lies in the stories on DeseretNews.com that are striking a chord with families looking for news that takes their values into account,” Higbee added.
The Deseret News mobile app generated approximately 10 percent of last month’s page views. This year alone, users have downloaded the app onto a smartphone or tablet 88,765 times.
Additional statistics that further illustrate the Deseret News’ robust online expansion:
67.9 percent more unique visitors for DeseretNews.com year to date than 2012
44 percent more visits for DeseretNews.com year to date than 2012
31.5 percent more page views for DeseretNews.com year to date than 2012
According to Alexa.com, DeseretNews.com ranks 25th among U.S. newspaper websites in terms of online traffic.
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Doug Robinson: Utah's Glen Hanson has had an...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- President Packer's enduring legacy includes...
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in state...
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 64
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 42
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 39
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 24
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in... 12
- Rubio, Christie planning sleepover with... 12