High school football: Roy defeats Mountain Crest to stay unbeaten
ROY — After pulling off a shocker against Fremont in the last seconds of the game last week, the Roy Royals made sure it didn't come down to the last play of the game this time. The Royals jumped out to a quick lead and never looked back.
The Royals were led by quarterback Tyler Skidmore, as he threw four touchdown passes against the Mustangs. The first offensive play of the game set the tone for the Royals as Skidmore hit Cody Hobbs in stride for an 80-yard touchdown. Skidmore made sure to spread the ball around to his teammates as he threw touchdown passes to Nate Jones and Logan LaRose as well.
The win helped the Royals stay unbeaten as they improved to (4-0) on the season. Next week the Royals will take their unbeaten streak up north as they to take on Logan Grizzlies who are also undefeated (4-0) on the year.
With Friday's loss, Mountain Crest drops to 0-4 on the year. Mountain Crest will look to break into the win column next week as they take on Bonneville (0-4) at home next week.
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball tournament...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- Kansas City Royals turn to former BYU pitcher...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 45
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 44
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42