High school football: Roy defeats Mountain Crest to stay unbeaten
ROY — After pulling off a shocker against Fremont in the last seconds of the game last week, the Roy Royals made sure it didn't come down to the last play of the game this time. The Royals jumped out to a quick lead and never looked back.
The Royals were led by quarterback Tyler Skidmore, as he threw four touchdown passes against the Mustangs. The first offensive play of the game set the tone for the Royals as Skidmore hit Cody Hobbs in stride for an 80-yard touchdown. Skidmore made sure to spread the ball around to his teammates as he threw touchdown passes to Nate Jones and Logan LaRose as well.
The win helped the Royals stay unbeaten as they improved to (4-0) on the season. Next week the Royals will take their unbeaten streak up north as they to take on Logan Grizzlies who are also undefeated (4-0) on the year.
With Friday's loss, Mountain Crest drops to 0-4 on the year. Mountain Crest will look to break into the win column next week as they take on Bonneville (0-4) at home next week.
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery: Ansah...
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers to...
- How to watch Utah football stars, local...
- Herriman brothers say their bond, competition...
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins Bruin Classic
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015
- High school basketball: Morby's last-second...
- MountainStar Healthcare Star Athletes of Week 20
- Locals and the NFL playoffs: Alex... 1
- Herriman brothers say their bond,... 1
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015 0
- High school basketball: Morby's... 0
- How to watch Utah football stars, local... 0
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers... 0
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins... 0
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery:... 0