High school football: Roy defeats Mountain Crest to stay unbeaten
ROY — After pulling off a shocker against Fremont in the last seconds of the game last week, the Roy Royals made sure it didn't come down to the last play of the game this time. The Royals jumped out to a quick lead and never looked back.
The Royals were led by quarterback Tyler Skidmore, as he threw four touchdown passes against the Mustangs. The first offensive play of the game set the tone for the Royals as Skidmore hit Cody Hobbs in stride for an 80-yard touchdown. Skidmore made sure to spread the ball around to his teammates as he threw touchdown passes to Nate Jones and Logan LaRose as well.
The win helped the Royals stay unbeaten as they improved to (4-0) on the season. Next week the Royals will take their unbeaten streak up north as they to take on Logan Grizzlies who are also undefeated (4-0) on the year.
With Friday's loss, Mountain Crest drops to 0-4 on the year. Mountain Crest will look to break into the win column next week as they take on Bonneville (0-4) at home next week.
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- Utes drop out of national rankings following...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- BYU's senior day emotional for Cougar coach...
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 143
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 37
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 36
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 34
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 31
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach... 23
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21