High school football: Roy defeats Mountain Crest to stay unbeaten
ROY — After pulling off a shocker against Fremont in the last seconds of the game last week, the Roy Royals made sure it didn't come down to the last play of the game this time. The Royals jumped out to a quick lead and never looked back.
The Royals were led by quarterback Tyler Skidmore, as he threw four touchdown passes against the Mustangs. The first offensive play of the game set the tone for the Royals as Skidmore hit Cody Hobbs in stride for an 80-yard touchdown. Skidmore made sure to spread the ball around to his teammates as he threw touchdown passes to Nate Jones and Logan LaRose as well.
The win helped the Royals stay unbeaten as they improved to (4-0) on the season. Next week the Royals will take their unbeaten streak up north as they to take on Logan Grizzlies who are also undefeated (4-0) on the year.
With Friday's loss, Mountain Crest drops to 0-4 on the year. Mountain Crest will look to break into the win column next week as they take on Bonneville (0-4) at home next week.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 112
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 29
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans... 19