Learning to budget isn't easy, and living it once you have one can be even harder.
In fact only one in three Americans even bother budgeting at all. And who can blame them? Sometimes it seems like budgets function more as an unrealistic exercise in self-control than as a practical plan for a debt-free future.
Nonetheless, a disciplined budget — when used correctly — can make all the difference in a family’s financial stability.
The key ingredient in applying most budgets, however, isn’t discipline alone, but creativity.
That's why the Deseret News has spoken to three budgeting experts to help provide some tools and insights into not only creating a detailed budget, but living one as well.
- She paid for a family's groceries and got...
- Why do only half of Americans invest in stocks?
- Heavy reliance on US not sustainable,...
- Renovation Solutions: Three renovation...
- Did you file your taxes jointly or...
- April 15 may be Tax Day, but Tax Freedom Day...
- Happiness research inspired one business...
- Where does 'cool' come from?
- Minority of taxpayers pay majority of... 20
- She paid for a family's groceries and... 5
- Did you file your taxes jointly or... 4
- Finally, Congress OKs bill reshaping... 3
- European vacation as much as 25 percent... 3
- Heavy reliance on US not sustainable,... 3
- Happiness research inspired one... 3
- Why do only half of Americans invest in... 3