Learning to budget isn't easy, and living it once you have one can be even harder.
In fact only one in three Americans even bother budgeting at all. And who can blame them? Sometimes it seems like budgets function more as an unrealistic exercise in self-control than as a practical plan for a debt-free future.
Nonetheless, a disciplined budget — when used correctly — can make all the difference in a family’s financial stability.
The key ingredient in applying most budgets, however, isn’t discipline alone, but creativity.
That's why the Deseret News has spoken to three budgeting experts to help provide some tools and insights into not only creating a detailed budget, but living one as well.
- Top 50 companies to work for in Utah
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching dollars...
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- Clean up your finances by tossing paper,...
- Utah job forecast better than most states
- A Closer Look: Your (online) life after death
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on state...
- The market power of pumpkin spice
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- The economy has begun to recover, but... 24
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4
- These are America's 10 poorest congressmen 2
- How employers can improve the nation's... 2
- Save money by replacing appliances that... 1
- Retail sales are up since last month 1