Learning to budget isn't easy, and living it once you have one can be even harder.
In fact only one in three Americans even bother budgeting at all. And who can blame them? Sometimes it seems like budgets function more as an unrealistic exercise in self-control than as a practical plan for a debt-free future.
Nonetheless, a disciplined budget — when used correctly — can make all the difference in a family’s financial stability.
The key ingredient in applying most budgets, however, isn’t discipline alone, but creativity.
That's why the Deseret News has spoken to three budgeting experts to help provide some tools and insights into not only creating a detailed budget, but living one as well.
- 50 highest paying jobs in Utah
- Balancing act: Different kinds of guilt...
- Dave Ramsey says: Everyone needs a financial...
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah cities...
- Low unemployment rates contribute to dropping...
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Is preschool worth the money?
- How to be a billionaire
- 7 reasons why millennials are... 12
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 11
- Low unemployment rates contribute to... 7
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- Overdraft and ATM fees higher than ever 4
- How to be a billionaire 4
- Something that may have caused the... 3
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah... 3