Learning to budget isn't easy, and living it once you have one can be even harder.
In fact only one in three Americans even bother budgeting at all. And who can blame them? Sometimes it seems like budgets function more as an unrealistic exercise in self-control than as a practical plan for a debt-free future.
Nonetheless, a disciplined budget — when used correctly — can make all the difference in a family’s financial stability.
The key ingredient in applying most budgets, however, isn’t discipline alone, but creativity.
That's why the Deseret News has spoken to three budgeting experts to help provide some tools and insights into not only creating a detailed budget, but living one as well.
- Here's a look at the 20 worst jobs of 2015...
- Balancing act: Does parenting bring...
- The 10 best cities in America for job seekers...
- The best states in America for balancing work...
- Dave Ramsey says: Build your budget together
- 'Such a stress reliever': In Rhode Island,...
- Index funds: A low cost way to solid...
- Is the 40-hour workweek falling out of fashion?
- Are schools preparing students for the... 18
- 'Such a stress reliever': In Rhode... 13
- Utah jobless rate holds steady at 3.4... 5
- Millennials are more depressed than... 3
- US consumer prices up a slight 0.1... 1
- Renovation Solutions: Top remodeling... 1
- Balancing act: Does parenting bring... 1
- Americans are very unsure about their... 1