USU softball: Aggies begin fall season against Salt Lake Community College on Saturday
LOGAN — Utah State softball will take the field for the first time this fall on Saturday, Sept. 14, facing Salt Lake Community College at LaRee and LeGrand Johnson Field at 12 p.m.
Utah State fans can come watch the softball team before the USU football team takes the field against Weber State at 6 p.m. at Merlin Olsen Field at Romney Stadium.
The new-look Aggies, under the direction of Steven Johnson, will continue their fall practice against the Bruins. USU is led by former all-Western Athletic Conference honorees Hailey Froton and Allison Lenzora. Last season, Froton was second on the team in hitting with a .304 batting average, earning her second team all-WAC honors.
Due to new football game day policies, parking at the softball facility will be $10 for the entire day, while other parking options are available.
The 2014 edition of the Aggies will begin on the road at the St. George Tournament on Feb. 7-8. Utah State's first Mountain West contest will be at home on March 21 against Colorado State.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to ponder as the Aggies head to fall...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk (ahem,...
- Pac-12 preview: Oregon State opens the...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20