LOGAN — After several days of rest, the Utah State soccer team returns to the pitch, taking on No. 25 Arkansas on Youth Soccer Day at Chuck and Gloria Bell Field on Friday, Sept. 13 at 4 p.m.
The Aggies hold a 4-0-1 record this season after a 3-2 win against Idaho State on the road on Sept. 7. The Razorbacks are a perfect 6-0-0 this season, earning their first-ever National Soccer Coaches Association of America ranking when they were ranked No. 25 this week. Arkansas is the first ranked team to come to Logan this season, as well as being the first Southeastern Conference team to face USU at home. Overall, the Aggies are 0-2-0 against the SEC with losses against Kentucky and Auburn.
Last season, USU was 1-2-2 against ranked teams. Utah State captured its first-ever win against a ranked team in the Western Athletic Conference Tournament last year with a 1-0 win over Denver in the WAC title match.
Friday is also Youth Soccer Day where youth can take part in a pre-match clinic at 3 p.m.
Utah Youth Soccer is the largest youth soccer organization in Utah. Utah Youth Soccer is the state’s affiliate for US Youth Soccer, which is the largest sports organization in the United States and the most populous member of the United State Soccer Federation — the governing body for soccer in the United States.
Utah State soccer earned a ranking in the NSCAA/Continental Tire Pacific Region poll this week, as the Aggies were tied for ninth. Utah State shares the ninth spot with a familiar foe as Utah is also ninth. The Aggies hold a 4-0-1 record, while the Utes are 2-1-1. The two teams will meet in Salt Lake City on Sept. 20 at 7:30 p.m.
Following the match against the Razorbacks, the Aggies will make a quick turnaround and face Cal State Fullerton on the road on Sunday, Sept. 15 at 2 p.m. (MT).
Live stats for both matches will be available on USU's athletic website. There will not be any video streaming available for these first two matches.
Admission to all home USU soccer matches at Chuck and Gloria Bell Soccer Field is free.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Utah basketball team makes it a doubly-good...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 50
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 24