Provo - The No. 6 ranked BYU women's soccer team returns to the road Thursday, Sep. 12, to take on Oregon in Eugene before the Cougars host UC Irvine on Saturday, Sep. 14 at 7 p.m. at South Field.
BYU (4-0-0) defeated in-state rival Utah 1-0 on Friday night in front of a record crowd at South Field. Ashley Hatch scored on a penalty kick in the 88th minute to give the Cougars the victory. Hatch was named West Coast Conference Player of the Week for Sep. 9.
Oregon and UC Irvine played one other Sunday afternoon. The Anteaters (3-3-0) won 2-1 after withstanding a last minute rally by the Ducks (2-4-0). Irvine scored in the third and 75th minutes, while Oregon's goal came in the 88th.
Oregon was picked to finish 11th in the Pac-12 under new head coach Kat Mertz. Last year, BYU traveled to Oregon and won 1-0.
UC Irvine was picked to finish second in the Big West this season behind Cal State Fullerton. The Cougars needed overtime to defeat Irvine, 3-2, last season.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 31
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 30
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 24