Provo - The No. 6 ranked BYU women's soccer team returns to the road Thursday, Sep. 12, to take on Oregon in Eugene before the Cougars host UC Irvine on Saturday, Sep. 14 at 7 p.m. at South Field.
BYU (4-0-0) defeated in-state rival Utah 1-0 on Friday night in front of a record crowd at South Field. Ashley Hatch scored on a penalty kick in the 88th minute to give the Cougars the victory. Hatch was named West Coast Conference Player of the Week for Sep. 9.
Oregon and UC Irvine played one other Sunday afternoon. The Anteaters (3-3-0) won 2-1 after withstanding a last minute rally by the Ducks (2-4-0). Irvine scored in the third and 75th minutes, while Oregon's goal came in the 88th.
Oregon was picked to finish 11th in the Pac-12 under new head coach Kat Mertz. Last year, BYU traveled to Oregon and won 1-0.
UC Irvine was picked to finish second in the Big West this season behind Cal State Fullerton. The Cougars needed overtime to defeat Irvine, 3-2, last season.
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Jordan's Austin Kafentzis will keep his...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 108
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43