Provo - The No. 6 ranked BYU women's soccer team returns to the road Thursday, Sep. 12, to take on Oregon in Eugene before the Cougars host UC Irvine on Saturday, Sep. 14 at 7 p.m. at South Field.
BYU (4-0-0) defeated in-state rival Utah 1-0 on Friday night in front of a record crowd at South Field. Ashley Hatch scored on a penalty kick in the 88th minute to give the Cougars the victory. Hatch was named West Coast Conference Player of the Week for Sep. 9.
Oregon and UC Irvine played one other Sunday afternoon. The Anteaters (3-3-0) won 2-1 after withstanding a last minute rally by the Ducks (2-4-0). Irvine scored in the third and 75th minutes, while Oregon's goal came in the 88th.
Oregon was picked to finish 11th in the Pac-12 under new head coach Kat Mertz. Last year, BYU traveled to Oregon and won 1-0.
UC Irvine was picked to finish second in the Big West this season behind Cal State Fullerton. The Cougars needed overtime to defeat Irvine, 3-2, last season.
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 54
- High school football: State tournament... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 30