Utah football: 5 Oregon State players to watch this weekend against the Utes
Steve Dykes, AP
A team that loses its season opener and national ranking is not a team to be trifled with.
Oregon State is coming to Salt Lake City looking to get its season back on track after a surprising first week loss to Eastern Washington.
Utah, however, is trying to accomplish something it sorely lacked last year, a Pac-12 win. The Utes also have an opportunity to start conference play with a win for the first time since joining the Pac-12. It all comes down to execution for the Utes.
The Utes are 1-1 against Oregon State since joining the Pac-12. They lost last year’s game to then-No. 8 Oregon State, 21-7, giving the Beavers a 6-0 start to its season and leaving Utah floundering with its first 2-5 season start under coach Kyle Whittingham.
Oregon State regained some momentum last week, overcoming a halftime tie and beating Hawaii 33-17. The game wasn’t perfect by any means, but players are emerging on both sides of the ball for Oregon State.
Needless to say, Oregon State has everything to prove, and it is not going to be an easy challenge for the Utes. Here are five players the Utes need to watch.
Alex is currently a student at the University of Utah studying communications. He has been a writer for The Daily Utah Chronicle and The Deseret News and has worked as an anchor and reporter for the U's Newsbreak. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school...
- College football predictions: How will... 140
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- First steps: Utes open season with... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 47
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 42