Utah football: 5 Oregon State players to watch this weekend against the Utes
Steve Dykes, AP
A team that loses its season opener and national ranking is not a team to be trifled with.
Oregon State is coming to Salt Lake City looking to get its season back on track after a surprising first week loss to Eastern Washington.
Utah, however, is trying to accomplish something it sorely lacked last year, a Pac-12 win. The Utes also have an opportunity to start conference play with a win for the first time since joining the Pac-12. It all comes down to execution for the Utes.
The Utes are 1-1 against Oregon State since joining the Pac-12. They lost last year’s game to then-No. 8 Oregon State, 21-7, giving the Beavers a 6-0 start to its season and leaving Utah floundering with its first 2-5 season start under coach Kyle Whittingham.
Oregon State regained some momentum last week, overcoming a halftime tie and beating Hawaii 33-17. The game wasn’t perfect by any means, but players are emerging on both sides of the ball for Oregon State.
Needless to say, Oregon State has everything to prove, and it is not going to be an easy challenge for the Utes. Here are five players the Utes need to watch.
Alex is currently a student at the University of Utah studying communications. He has been a writer for The Daily Utah Chronicle and The Deseret News and has worked as an anchor and reporter for the U's Newsbreak. Contact email@example.com
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33