Utah football: 5 Oregon State players to watch this weekend against the Utes
Steve Dykes, AP
A team that loses its season opener and national ranking is not a team to be trifled with.
Oregon State is coming to Salt Lake City looking to get its season back on track after a surprising first week loss to Eastern Washington.
Utah, however, is trying to accomplish something it sorely lacked last year, a Pac-12 win. The Utes also have an opportunity to start conference play with a win for the first time since joining the Pac-12. It all comes down to execution for the Utes.
The Utes are 1-1 against Oregon State since joining the Pac-12. They lost last year’s game to then-No. 8 Oregon State, 21-7, giving the Beavers a 6-0 start to its season and leaving Utah floundering with its first 2-5 season start under coach Kyle Whittingham.
Oregon State regained some momentum last week, overcoming a halftime tie and beating Hawaii 33-17. The game wasn’t perfect by any means, but players are emerging on both sides of the ball for Oregon State.
Needless to say, Oregon State has everything to prove, and it is not going to be an easy challenge for the Utes. Here are five players the Utes need to watch.
Alex is currently a student at the University of Utah studying communications. He has been a writer for The Daily Utah Chronicle and The Deseret News and has worked as an anchor and reporter for the U's Newsbreak. Contact email@example.com
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting, Miami...
- Jazz grind out impressive 93-82 win in Memphis
- After year layoff, BYU's Kurtz happy to be...
- Morning links: Jazz's sudden rise; SI breaks...
- BYU football: Christian Stewart returns to...
- Dick Harmon: Work of BYU's new strength coach...
- The name game: pronouncing the names of the...
- Monarchs announce new stadium proposal in...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 110
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 83
- Discipline a focus of spring ball for... 74
- Holmoe assesses the state of the... 51
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU... 44
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the... 42
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting,... 41
- Morning links: Is BYU now in the... 40