Courtesy Ward Family
VACAVILLE, Calif. — Funeral services for Elder Taylor Ward, the LDS missionary killed last week in a traffic accident in southern Idaho, will be held Friday.
According to a story in the Idaho State Journal, Elder Ward's funeral will be held Friday at 11 a.m. at the LDS meetinghouse located at 311 Alamo Drive in Vacaville, Calif.
Writing for the newspaper, Kendra Evensen also reported that Elder Ward's family has received more than $15,000 in donations to help with funeral expenses through an online donation site established by a family friend.
“We are overwhelmed by the love we have received that extends from the U.S., Canada, U.K., Mongolia and Taiwan; the support has been worldwide," Elder Ward's parents, Trevor and Deidre Ward, wrote in an email to the Journal.
"There are simply no words to express our heartfelt appreciation for the sympathy each one of you have extended toward our family. Each day that passes is difficult, but through your prayers and compassion, it has given us strength. We especially want to thank the people of Pocatello, Idaho, and Blackfoot, Idaho. They are simply the nicest people you will ever meet. We appreciate their tremendous kindness, and we are filled with the love our son felt on his mission for the wonderful people he served.”
The Ward family also indicated that "with the donations of Taylor’s organs, we know that he will live on. It brings us peace knowing that other people can live longer because of Taylor."
Elder Ward is one of 10 LDS missionaries who have died this year, a fact noted last week in a release issued by the Missionary Department of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
“For the church and particularly for the families of these missionaries who have lost their lives, we know that the loss of even one missionary is far too many," said Elder David F. Evans, executive director of the Missionary Department. “To these remarkable families we extend our love, our faith, our hope and our prayers. And we pray that peace and comfort will be yours during these times of sorrow."
- How would LDS be affected by renewed US-Cuba...
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- LDS leaders quiz: What have you learned from...
- Little Lamb: A babe in white linen on white...
- Visiting minister urges unity among Christians
- Ask Angela: LDS bridal showers are out of...
- 'A light on the hill': Las Vegas Nevada...
- Students' moving video on the Christmas truce...
- Ask Angela: LDS bridal showers are out... 47
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 32
- How would LDS be affected by renewed... 22
- Defending the Faith: A modern witness... 20
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 15
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert... 10
- So wait? Pets don't go to heaven? 8
- Visiting minister urges unity among... 8