Courtesy Ward Family
VACAVILLE, Calif. — Funeral services for Elder Taylor Ward, the LDS missionary killed last week in a traffic accident in southern Idaho, will be held Friday.
According to a story in the Idaho State Journal, Elder Ward's funeral will be held Friday at 11 a.m. at the LDS meetinghouse located at 311 Alamo Drive in Vacaville, Calif.
Writing for the newspaper, Kendra Evensen also reported that Elder Ward's family has received more than $15,000 in donations to help with funeral expenses through an online donation site established by a family friend.
“We are overwhelmed by the love we have received that extends from the U.S., Canada, U.K., Mongolia and Taiwan; the support has been worldwide," Elder Ward's parents, Trevor and Deidre Ward, wrote in an email to the Journal.
"There are simply no words to express our heartfelt appreciation for the sympathy each one of you have extended toward our family. Each day that passes is difficult, but through your prayers and compassion, it has given us strength. We especially want to thank the people of Pocatello, Idaho, and Blackfoot, Idaho. They are simply the nicest people you will ever meet. We appreciate their tremendous kindness, and we are filled with the love our son felt on his mission for the wonderful people he served.”
The Ward family also indicated that "with the donations of Taylor’s organs, we know that he will live on. It brings us peace knowing that other people can live longer because of Taylor."
Elder Ward is one of 10 LDS missionaries who have died this year, a fact noted last week in a release issued by the Missionary Department of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
“For the church and particularly for the families of these missionaries who have lost their lives, we know that the loss of even one missionary is far too many," said Elder David F. Evans, executive director of the Missionary Department. “To these remarkable families we extend our love, our faith, our hope and our prayers. And we pray that peace and comfort will be yours during these times of sorrow."
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and Winston...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- LDS growth in India draws media attention
- Nelson Mandela's faith made him a worldwide...
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 61
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional... 26
- Defending the Faith: 'Pleased as man... 22
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 21
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood'... 20
- Space and religion: How believers view... 13
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the... 7
- Redskins find new opponent, supporter... 7