PROVO – The No. 4 BYU men’s cross-country team will host its only home meet of the season Saturday at the Clarence F. Robison Track and Field Complex.
“This is our one home meet of the season, so hopefully we can get a good showing and race in front of a good crowd,” head coach Ed Eyestone said. “Obviously this isn’t the end of the season, but it will be a good indicator of where we are.”
WCC foe and eighth-ranked Portland will take part in this year’s Autumn Classic, as well as Weber State and Idaho State.
The Cougars finished sixth at the NCAA championships last year and return four of their top seven runners, including preseason all-conference selections Tylor Thatcher, Jason Witt and Steve Flint. Sophomore Jonathan Nelson won last weekend’s Utah Open and looks to be another key contributor. Conner Peloquin, another preseason all-conference selection, will use his redshirt this season and will not compete for the Cougars.
This will be the 12th annual Autumn Classic. BYU has won the meet nine of the 11 years.
The men’s four-mile race will begin at 9:45 a.m. The BYU women’s cross-country team will race at 10:50 a.m. Several high school races will take place throughout the morning as well.
Complete meet information and schedules can be found on the meet information page.
Justin Green is the sports information director over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications. He is a BYU student majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2013. Email: justinjgreen8@gmail.
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games ranked...
- Photo gallery: NFL players with local ties...
- Video: Former BYU outfielder Jacob...
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 83
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 48
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 36
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 27
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 13
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 12