PROVO – The No. 4 BYU men’s cross-country team will host its only home meet of the season Saturday at the Clarence F. Robison Track and Field Complex.
“This is our one home meet of the season, so hopefully we can get a good showing and race in front of a good crowd,” head coach Ed Eyestone said. “Obviously this isn’t the end of the season, but it will be a good indicator of where we are.”
WCC foe and eighth-ranked Portland will take part in this year’s Autumn Classic, as well as Weber State and Idaho State.
The Cougars finished sixth at the NCAA championships last year and return four of their top seven runners, including preseason all-conference selections Tylor Thatcher, Jason Witt and Steve Flint. Sophomore Jonathan Nelson won last weekend’s Utah Open and looks to be another key contributor. Conner Peloquin, another preseason all-conference selection, will use his redshirt this season and will not compete for the Cougars.
This will be the 12th annual Autumn Classic. BYU has won the meet nine of the 11 years.
The men’s four-mile race will begin at 9:45 a.m. The BYU women’s cross-country team will race at 10:50 a.m. Several high school races will take place throughout the morning as well.
Complete meet information and schedules can be found on the meet information page.
Justin Green is the sports information director over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications. He is a BYU student majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2013. Email: justinjgreen8@gmail.
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make...
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball, slow down
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- Best of the West: Shifting teams around after...
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to the...
- BYU coach Dave Rose competing in coaches'...
- BYU guard Tyler Haws named CLASS award candidate
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 67
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 38
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 32
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 29
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'... 14
- BYU basketball analysis: Why the... 12