LAYTON — A man accused of shaking his girlfriend's 11-month-old daughter and throwing her onto a bed has been arrested.
Tyler Ryan Geary, 25, was arrested Tuesday for investigation of child abuse.
Geary was watching the infant while his girlfriend, 20, was at work. Investigators believe he became frustrated with the child's crying and shook her. Police were called to hospital about 6:30 a.m. Tuesday by hospital staff.
The girl was brought to the emergency room at Davis Hospital & Medical Center unresponsive and in critical condition, according to police. The child was transferred to Primary Children's Medical Center and was listed in critical condition.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12