LAYTON — A man accused of shaking his girlfriend's 11-month-old daughter and throwing her onto a bed has been arrested.
Tyler Ryan Geary, 25, was arrested Tuesday for investigation of child abuse.
Geary was watching the infant while his girlfriend, 20, was at work. Investigators believe he became frustrated with the child's crying and shook her. Police were called to hospital about 6:30 a.m. Tuesday by hospital staff.
The girl was brought to the emergency room at Davis Hospital & Medical Center unresponsive and in critical condition, according to police. The child was transferred to Primary Children's Medical Center and was listed in critical condition.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7