LAYTON — A man accused of shaking his girlfriend's 11-month-old daughter and throwing her onto a bed has been arrested.
Tyler Ryan Geary, 25, was arrested Tuesday for investigation of child abuse.
Geary was watching the infant while his girlfriend, 20, was at work. Investigators believe he became frustrated with the child's crying and shook her. Police were called to hospital about 6:30 a.m. Tuesday by hospital staff.
The girl was brought to the emergency room at Davis Hospital & Medical Center unresponsive and in critical condition, according to police. The child was transferred to Primary Children's Medical Center and was listed in critical condition.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- BYU Museum of Art acquires previously lost...
- Grantsville residents tell Prison Relocation...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 41
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 37
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 23
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 22
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 18
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17