LAYTON — A man accused of shaking his girlfriend's 11-month-old daughter and throwing her onto a bed has been arrested.
Tyler Ryan Geary, 25, was arrested Tuesday for investigation of child abuse.
Geary was watching the infant while his girlfriend, 20, was at work. Investigators believe he became frustrated with the child's crying and shook her. Police were called to hospital about 6:30 a.m. Tuesday by hospital staff.
The girl was brought to the emergency room at Davis Hospital & Medical Center unresponsive and in critical condition, according to police. The child was transferred to Primary Children's Medical Center and was listed in critical condition.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Ann Romney on likability, Hillary Clinton, MS...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 21
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15