LAYTON — A man accused of shaking his girlfriend's 11-month-old daughter and throwing her onto a bed has been arrested.
Tyler Ryan Geary, 25, was arrested Tuesday for investigation of child abuse.
Geary was watching the infant while his girlfriend, 20, was at work. Investigators believe he became frustrated with the child's crying and shook her. Police were called to hospital about 6:30 a.m. Tuesday by hospital staff.
The girl was brought to the emergency room at Davis Hospital & Medical Center unresponsive and in critical condition, according to police. The child was transferred to Primary Children's Medical Center and was listed in critical condition.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt Lake...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 25