HENEFER, Summit County — A 59-year-old South Jordan man was killed in a motorcycle crash Tuesday on state Route 65.
Thomas F. Seal was traveling north on his Harley-Davidson motorcycle about 12:15 p.m. when he failed to make a turn, drove straight off the road onto the shoulder, lost control and crashed, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
Witnesses said Seal appeared to be looking down at something when he crashed, possibly his cellphone, according to the UHP. He was not wearing a helmet and sustained traumatic head injuries.
Speed and alcohol were not believed to be factors.
- Boulder slams into Rockville home, killing two
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in ongoing...
- Orangeville couple killed in head-on crash
- Ex-nurse accused of sexually abusing,...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Former West Valley City women's clinic owner...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 38
- Do Utah high school students need four... 32
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in... 25
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 20
- Young adults are faced with risky... 18
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11
- Nurse threatened to kill patient after... 9