HENEFER, Summit County — A 59-year-old South Jordan man was killed in a motorcycle crash Tuesday on state Route 65.
Thomas F. Seal was traveling north on his Harley-Davidson motorcycle about 12:15 p.m. when he failed to make a turn, drove straight off the road onto the shoulder, lost control and crashed, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
Witnesses said Seal appeared to be looking down at something when he crashed, possibly his cellphone, according to the UHP. He was not wearing a helmet and sustained traumatic head injuries.
Speed and alcohol were not believed to be factors.
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- What consumers need to know about chip...
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team at...
- Motley Crue concert delayed about two hours...
- Body found in suitcase near Saltair identified
- Merged resorts relying on familiar feel to...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 296
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 139
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 103
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 90
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 76
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 65
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35