HENEFER, Summit County — A 59-year-old South Jordan man was killed in a motorcycle crash Tuesday on state Route 65.
Thomas F. Seal was traveling north on his Harley-Davidson motorcycle about 12:15 p.m. when he failed to make a turn, drove straight off the road onto the shoulder, lost control and crashed, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
Witnesses said Seal appeared to be looking down at something when he crashed, possibly his cellphone, according to the UHP. He was not wearing a helmet and sustained traumatic head injuries.
Speed and alcohol were not believed to be factors.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 11
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8