HENEFER, Summit County — A 59-year-old South Jordan man was killed in a motorcycle crash Tuesday on state Route 65.
Thomas F. Seal was traveling north on his Harley-Davidson motorcycle about 12:15 p.m. when he failed to make a turn, drove straight off the road onto the shoulder, lost control and crashed, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
Witnesses said Seal appeared to be looking down at something when he crashed, possibly his cellphone, according to the UHP. He was not wearing a helmet and sustained traumatic head injuries.
Speed and alcohol were not believed to be factors.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Gary (and Rose) Neeleman: Q and A with a...
- 'Somebody knows what happened,' daughter...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 131
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Rally in support of police also draws... 38
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 22
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 19
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9