Woman accused of stabbing boyfriend charged with murder
Derek Peterson, Deseret News
WEST VALLEY CITY — A woman accused of stabbing her boyfriend in the back while he was holding their child was charged with murder Tuesday.
Thu Huong Thi Nguyen, 41, was charged in 3rd District Court with murder, a first-degree felony; obstruction of justice, a second-degree felony; and domestic violence in front of a child, a third-degree felony.
On Sept. 2, Nguyen and Thai Van Le, 44, got into an argument during a barbecue at an apartment, 1801 W. Park Blvd., according to charging documents. At some point during the verbal confrontation, Nguyen got a knife from the kitchen and stabbed Le in the back, the charges state. Le was holding their 4-month-old child when the attack happened, according to the charges.
Nguyen then walked back into the kitchen. Police found the knife allegedly used in the attack "in the kitchen drawer, and it appeared that it had been washed," according to court documents.
In 2005, Nguyen was charged in 3rd District Court with aggravated assault, criminal mischief and two counts of domestic violence in the presence of a child. The case was eventually dismissed because the state was unable to proceed, according to court records.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Creativity of ALS ice bucket challenge boosts...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Bingham High students walk out over... 92
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 27
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18