Woman accused of stabbing boyfriend charged with murder
Derek Peterson, Deseret News
WEST VALLEY CITY — A woman accused of stabbing her boyfriend in the back while he was holding their child was charged with murder Tuesday.
Thu Huong Thi Nguyen, 41, was charged in 3rd District Court with murder, a first-degree felony; obstruction of justice, a second-degree felony; and domestic violence in front of a child, a third-degree felony.
On Sept. 2, Nguyen and Thai Van Le, 44, got into an argument during a barbecue at an apartment, 1801 W. Park Blvd., according to charging documents. At some point during the verbal confrontation, Nguyen got a knife from the kitchen and stabbed Le in the back, the charges state. Le was holding their 4-month-old child when the attack happened, according to the charges.
Nguyen then walked back into the kitchen. Police found the knife allegedly used in the attack "in the kitchen drawer, and it appeared that it had been washed," according to court documents.
In 2005, Nguyen was charged in 3rd District Court with aggravated assault, criminal mischief and two counts of domestic violence in the presence of a child. The case was eventually dismissed because the state was unable to proceed, according to court records.
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11