Woman accused of stabbing boyfriend charged with murder
Derek Peterson, Deseret News
WEST VALLEY CITY — A woman accused of stabbing her boyfriend in the back while he was holding their child was charged with murder Tuesday.
Thu Huong Thi Nguyen, 41, was charged in 3rd District Court with murder, a first-degree felony; obstruction of justice, a second-degree felony; and domestic violence in front of a child, a third-degree felony.
On Sept. 2, Nguyen and Thai Van Le, 44, got into an argument during a barbecue at an apartment, 1801 W. Park Blvd., according to charging documents. At some point during the verbal confrontation, Nguyen got a knife from the kitchen and stabbed Le in the back, the charges state. Le was holding their 4-month-old child when the attack happened, according to the charges.
Nguyen then walked back into the kitchen. Police found the knife allegedly used in the attack "in the kitchen drawer, and it appeared that it had been washed," according to court documents.
In 2005, Nguyen was charged in 3rd District Court with aggravated assault, criminal mischief and two counts of domestic violence in the presence of a child. The case was eventually dismissed because the state was unable to proceed, according to court records.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- Salt Lake man killed, 3 others injured in...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 72
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17