Woman accused of stabbing boyfriend charged with murder
Derek Peterson, Deseret News
WEST VALLEY CITY — A woman accused of stabbing her boyfriend in the back while he was holding their child was charged with murder Tuesday.
Thu Huong Thi Nguyen, 41, was charged in 3rd District Court with murder, a first-degree felony; obstruction of justice, a second-degree felony; and domestic violence in front of a child, a third-degree felony.
On Sept. 2, Nguyen and Thai Van Le, 44, got into an argument during a barbecue at an apartment, 1801 W. Park Blvd., according to charging documents. At some point during the verbal confrontation, Nguyen got a knife from the kitchen and stabbed Le in the back, the charges state. Le was holding their 4-month-old child when the attack happened, according to the charges.
Nguyen then walked back into the kitchen. Police found the knife allegedly used in the attack "in the kitchen drawer, and it appeared that it had been washed," according to court documents.
In 2005, Nguyen was charged in 3rd District Court with aggravated assault, criminal mischief and two counts of domestic violence in the presence of a child. The case was eventually dismissed because the state was unable to proceed, according to court records.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- 11 signs you're a Jeep driver
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage' behind...
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 125
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 32
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 14
- Elder Richard G. Scott released from... 12
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 12