"That’s an advantage for me, because I can see where he’s going," he said. "The problem with the short quarterbacks are that they sometimes get lost in the line."
In the 2011 game, the Utes did a good job of holding Mannion down as he had his second-lowest passing output of the season (231 yards) along with three interceptions and six sacks for minus-59 yards as the Utes won 27-8.
The Utes are hoping for a similar outcome this week.
"I have confidence we can pull another win out and go to 3-0," said Rowe. "Our confidence is high, but if we can get this win against Oregon State I think we’re going to be unbeatable this year. We’ve still got a lot of things to work on, but if we get a win this week, our confidence will skyrocket."
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34