And they are seeing success.
"We are gaining fans in countries we had never been able to reach. We are getting our music to a worldwide audience," Dixon said. "And after the tour, we'll have a band that will be ready to perform their little hearts out. People will wonder where these guys came from. They are polishing a show over here to take home."
But it's not just in the music scene that the band has seen a great response. The membership of the LDS Church in the Asian countries they have visited has been incredible, Dixon said.
"They have never had something quite like this, especially for the youth of the church," Dixon said. "This is unprecedented."
Dixon said that for one concert in Malaysia, the band was able to meet with 20 missionaries and individuals they were teaching.
For the band, it's been a lesson in future preparation — including missionary preparation. All four LDS members plan on serving a mission in the future.
And now, after a month-long tour of Asia, Beyond 5 has returned home.
“Couldn't have asked to spend a month long tour with greater people!! Love all of you guys!! I can't believe it's over! #B5Crew #Beyond5 #B5AsiaTour," Love tweeted through his Instagram account after returning to the United States.
Meanwhile, the band is enjoying a new single recently released on iTunes, and is preparing for a future CD release.
Beyond 5 is accepting donations and funding for the tour and future events through Legacy Music Alliance, located at 252 E. 300 South in Salt Lake City.
Emmilie Buchanan-Whitlock is an intern for the Deseret News with Mormon Times. She recently graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho. Contact her by email: email@example.com or on Twitter: emmiliewhitlock
- LDS faith helps keep things in perspective...
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- LDS position on gay, religious rights may...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- LDS Church releases statement on construction...
- ABC's 'Nightline' takes a look into the lives...
- Pixar president speaks on creative culture at...
- BYU football players gather for 30 year...
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over... 168
- Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay... 59
- The LDS Church's call for balance... 33
- LDS statement could move Utah... 31
- Defending the Faith: Rethinking... 29
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- LDS Church releases statement on... 25
- See why this Christian mother is giving... 20