ROY — The owners of a home where a man was shot and killed early Sunday have been arrested.
Late Monday night, investigators arrested Rudolph and Samantha Martinez for investigation of obstruction of justice.
Also Monday, police arrested Ruben Alvarado Nava III, 40, for investigation of murder in connection with the death of Mario Saucedo, 23, who was shot at a house party, 2950 W. 4650 South, just after midnight Sunday. Nava was also booked into the Weber County Jail for investigation of several counts of illegally discharging a firearm, being a fugitive from justice, and possession of a firearm by a restricted person.
Police arrested Nava at an apartment in Clearfield. Nava and Saucedo did not appear to know each other before the party, Roy police said.
Those investigating the case say more arrests are likely.
Rudolph Gerrardo Martinez, 49, has a criminal record dating back 30 years, according to Utah state court records. He was convicted of misdemeanor disorderly conduct in 2012, misdemeanor simple assault in 2007, felony drug distribution in 1993, and felony forgery in 1983.
Nava was convicted of joyriding in 2006, a felony amended to a misdemeanor. He was sentenced to jail time, running consecutively with an earlier conviction that same year of two counts of felony forgery. In 2005, he was convicted of misdemeanor drug possession and in 2004, misdemeanor simple assault and domestic violence, according to court records.
The victim, Saucedo, also had a serious criminal past. In 2007 he was sentenced to up to five years in the Utah State Prison for firing a gun from the freeway and assault on a police officer, according to court records. He was also charged in February with arranging to distribute meth, a first-degree felony, and violating the city's gang ordinance. He was scheduled to go on trial in November.
Contributed: Pat Reavy
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- A photographic look at how Days of '47 floats...
- Utah kids have lower death rate, but more...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Supporters rally around breast-feeding... 73
- Gov. says Utah will comply with law if... 59
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- $1.8B project to take Salt Lake City... 17
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14