WOODS CROSS — A 2-year-old who was run over by a car pulling into a driveway Monday died later that night.
Miley Tran was standing in a driveway at 1413 W. 2175 South about 7:30 p.m. when a car entering the driveway hit the girl, according to Woods Cross police detective Adam Osoro. The driver was distracted by other children who were playing and did not see Miley, Osoro said.
“The driver was arriving home, pulled into their driveway, felt their vehicle run over something, pulled into the garage and at that time discovered it was a child,” the detective said.
Miley was taken to Primary Children’s Medical Center in critical condition. She died at 10:30 p.m. from injuries sustained in the accident.
The 2-year-old lived in West Valley City but was staying with her aunt in Bountiful.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- IRS raids properties with possible polygamist...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- All-male legislative committee blocks bill to...
- In this case, wild horses drag them together
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 29
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 12
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 10
- All-male legislative committee blocks... 9