WOODS CROSS — A 2-year-old who was run over by a car pulling into a driveway Monday died later that night.
Miley Tran was standing in a driveway at 1413 W. 2175 South about 7:30 p.m. when a car entering the driveway hit the girl, according to Woods Cross police detective Adam Osoro. The driver was distracted by other children who were playing and did not see Miley, Osoro said.
“The driver was arriving home, pulled into their driveway, felt their vehicle run over something, pulled into the garage and at that time discovered it was a child,” the detective said.
Miley was taken to Primary Children’s Medical Center in critical condition. She died at 10:30 p.m. from injuries sustained in the accident.
The 2-year-old lived in West Valley City but was staying with her aunt in Bountiful.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- President Obama to make first trip to... 114
- Obama expected to stay overnight in... 51
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 41
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 41
- School leaders look for solutions to... 26
- Cyclist killed on training run after... 23
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 15
- San Diego woman wins damages against... 15