WOODS CROSS — A 2-year-old who was run over by a car pulling into a driveway Monday died later that night.
Miley Tran was standing in a driveway at 1413 W. 2175 South about 7:30 p.m. when a car entering the driveway hit the girl, according to Woods Cross police detective Adam Osoro. The driver was distracted by other children who were playing and did not see Miley, Osoro said.
“The driver was arriving home, pulled into their driveway, felt their vehicle run over something, pulled into the garage and at that time discovered it was a child,” the detective said.
Miley was taken to Primary Children’s Medical Center in critical condition. She died at 10:30 p.m. from injuries sustained in the accident.
The 2-year-old lived in West Valley City but was staying with her aunt in Bountiful.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- Judge: Biological father will share custody...
- Honeyville man, 39, identified as avalanche...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- National, local businesses file briefs... 54
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 40
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 27
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Prison relocation resolution passes House 19