WOODS CROSS — A 2-year-old who was run over by a car pulling into a driveway Monday died later that night.
Miley Tran was standing in a driveway at 1413 W. 2175 South about 7:30 p.m. when a car entering the driveway hit the girl, according to Woods Cross police detective Adam Osoro. The driver was distracted by other children who were playing and did not see Miley, Osoro said.
“The driver was arriving home, pulled into their driveway, felt their vehicle run over something, pulled into the garage and at that time discovered it was a child,” the detective said.
Miley was taken to Primary Children’s Medical Center in critical condition. She died at 10:30 p.m. from injuries sustained in the accident.
The 2-year-old lived in West Valley City but was staying with her aunt in Bountiful.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17