Manager, 3 others arrested in 'staged robbery' of McDonald's in Heber City
HEBER CITY — Investigators say the robbery of a McDonald's on Sunday was staged by one of the restaurant's managers with the help of three accomplices.
Patricia Johnson called dispatchers about 3:05 p.m. to report that she had been robbed as she left McDonald's, 600 S. Main, with a bank deposit, according to Heber City police officer Salvador J. Segura.
Johnson, 34, told responding officers the man who robbed her fled on foot, Segura said. She also provided investigators with a description of the man.
Heber City police, sheriff's deputies from Summit and Wasatch counties, and Utah State Parks rangers began working on the case.
As part of their investigation, authorities contacted all Heber City residents registered with the city's emergency notification system and were able to determine that Johnson "apparently worked in concert with three other individuals to stage a robbery and actually perpetuate a felony theft," Segura said.
"Tips received from residents allowed this case to be solved more quickly and efficiently," he said.
Officers arrested Johnson, 51-year-old Marty Marrott, 48-year-old Peggy Rohrbach and 36-year-old Jaime Allred for investigation of theft and making a false report. All four individuals were booked into the Wasatch County Jail.
Police were able to recover most of the $4,000 that was stolen from the restaurant, Segura said.
— Geoff Liesik
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Fatal Draper house fire was intentionally...
- Mitt Romney talks pioneers, family tradition...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows 'deep...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 25
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 21
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9