Manager, 3 others arrested in 'staged robbery' of McDonald's in Heber City
HEBER CITY — Investigators say the robbery of a McDonald's on Sunday was staged by one of the restaurant's managers with the help of three accomplices.
Patricia Johnson called dispatchers about 3:05 p.m. to report that she had been robbed as she left McDonald's, 600 S. Main, with a bank deposit, according to Heber City police officer Salvador J. Segura.
Johnson, 34, told responding officers the man who robbed her fled on foot, Segura said. She also provided investigators with a description of the man.
Heber City police, sheriff's deputies from Summit and Wasatch counties, and Utah State Parks rangers began working on the case.
As part of their investigation, authorities contacted all Heber City residents registered with the city's emergency notification system and were able to determine that Johnson "apparently worked in concert with three other individuals to stage a robbery and actually perpetuate a felony theft," Segura said.
"Tips received from residents allowed this case to be solved more quickly and efficiently," he said.
Officers arrested Johnson, 51-year-old Marty Marrott, 48-year-old Peggy Rohrbach and 36-year-old Jaime Allred for investigation of theft and making a false report. All four individuals were booked into the Wasatch County Jail.
Police were able to recover most of the $4,000 that was stolen from the restaurant, Segura said.
— Geoff Liesik
- Former Gov. Norm Bangerter remembered as man...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- Redefining college: How associate degrees...
- Orem pediatrician 'happy' to help...
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Q and A: The business of being Moab
- Motorcyclist dies after collision near Utah Lake
- Job A Day program gives homeless people...
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 26
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 26
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 23
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20
- Wild, windy, wet weather wallops... 17
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz: Drug Enforcement... 15
- Second student sues district over... 14