Is the Bible still relevant? Americans' relationship with the holy text
The American Bible Society recently released detailed findings regarding Americans' relationship with the Bible through its annual State of the Bible survey.
The survey recorded the percentage of Americans who own a Bible, believe in the Bible and support the messages that are found within the Bible.
The study also showed that "66 percent of those surveyed agreed that the Bible contains everything a person needs to know to live a meaningful life." Also, 56 percent of adults believe the Bible should have a greater role in U.S. society, and 77 percent say moral values are on decline.
However, the study also found that 58 percent of those surveyed don't personally want wisdom and advice from the Bible, and 57 percent read it fewer than five times per year.
- Mormon mission president held, robbed by...
- LDS missionaries meet London teen battling...
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- New Harmony: Now pitching for the Angels:...
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 18
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 11
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 10
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 7
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 7
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 7
- 5 must-see answers to faith's biggest... 7
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian... 5