Is the Bible still relevant? Americans' relationship with the holy text
The American Bible Society recently released detailed findings regarding Americans' relationship with the Bible through its annual State of the Bible survey.
The survey recorded the percentage of Americans who own a Bible, believe in the Bible and support the messages that are found within the Bible.
The study also showed that "66 percent of those surveyed agreed that the Bible contains everything a person needs to know to live a meaningful life." Also, 56 percent of adults believe the Bible should have a greater role in U.S. society, and 77 percent say moral values are on decline.
However, the study also found that 58 percent of those surveyed don't personally want wisdom and advice from the Bible, and 57 percent read it fewer than five times per year.
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the Nephites
- Church leaders can learn from NFL domestic...
- New DVD tells story of David Archuleta's...
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- 10 ideas of what God looks like
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 64
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 49
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs... 19
- New Mormon Message video highlights how... 15
- New DVD tells story of David... 13
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary... 8
- 5 unusual places of worship 5