The American Bible Society recently released detailed findings regarding Americans' relationship with the Bible through its annual State of the Bible survey.
The survey recorded the percentage of Americans who own a Bible, believe in the Bible and support the messages that are found within the Bible.
The study also showed that "66 percent of those surveyed agreed that the Bible contains everything a person needs to know to live a meaningful life." Also, 56 percent of adults believe the Bible should have a greater role in U.S. society, and 77 percent say moral values are on decline.
However, the study also found that 58 percent of those surveyed don't personally want wisdom and advice from the Bible, and 57 percent read it fewer than five times per year.
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm headed to...
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the time to...
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did not win'...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and Winston...
- Amish school shooter's kin: Horror, then healing
- Many Mormon missionaries who return... 102
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm... 58
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 22
- Space and religion: How believers view... 19
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 13
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did... 9
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the... 8
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the... 8