Michael Brandy, Deseret News
WEST JORDAN — Jordan Valley Medical Center has received an award based on its services for women.
The hospital was named an honoree of the Women’s Choice Award seal for America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Patient Excellence by WomenCertified, an award program for businesses that support the empowerment of women in the community and set the highest standards of excellence.
“Jordan Valley Medical Center is proud to be included in the 100 Top Hospitals for Patient Experience," said Steven Anderson, CEO of Jordan Valley Medical Center. "It is important to our providers and staff that we provide excellent, compassionate care to all of our patients. We are honored to carry the seal of WomenCertified."
For 30 years, Jordan Valley Medical Center has provided care to women in Utah, specifically through the Women’s Center and the Breast Care Center.
The Breast Care Center provides women with comprehensive breast health care, including preventive screenings, diagnostic and treatment services, educational programs and support services.
The hospital also has a new Level III neonatal intensive care unit, the highest possible designation for intensive care neonatology, in the Women’s Center. The NICU features 11 individual suites for newborns and their families. Mothers are provided a private room for breast pumping, and parents are housed in transition rooms that allow them to “live in” with their babies while in the NICU.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Charges: Orem mom left 2 small kids alone...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 54
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 33
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 20
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15