Michael Brandy, Deseret News
WEST JORDAN — Jordan Valley Medical Center has received an award based on its services for women.
The hospital was named an honoree of the Women’s Choice Award seal for America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Patient Excellence by WomenCertified, an award program for businesses that support the empowerment of women in the community and set the highest standards of excellence.
“Jordan Valley Medical Center is proud to be included in the 100 Top Hospitals for Patient Experience," said Steven Anderson, CEO of Jordan Valley Medical Center. "It is important to our providers and staff that we provide excellent, compassionate care to all of our patients. We are honored to carry the seal of WomenCertified."
For 30 years, Jordan Valley Medical Center has provided care to women in Utah, specifically through the Women’s Center and the Breast Care Center.
The Breast Care Center provides women with comprehensive breast health care, including preventive screenings, diagnostic and treatment services, educational programs and support services.
The hospital also has a new Level III neonatal intensive care unit, the highest possible designation for intensive care neonatology, in the Women’s Center. The NICU features 11 individual suites for newborns and their families. Mothers are provided a private room for breast pumping, and parents are housed in transition rooms that allow them to “live in” with their babies while in the NICU.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15