Michael Brandy, Deseret News
WEST JORDAN — Jordan Valley Medical Center has received an award based on its services for women.
The hospital was named an honoree of the Women’s Choice Award seal for America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Patient Excellence by WomenCertified, an award program for businesses that support the empowerment of women in the community and set the highest standards of excellence.
“Jordan Valley Medical Center is proud to be included in the 100 Top Hospitals for Patient Experience," said Steven Anderson, CEO of Jordan Valley Medical Center. "It is important to our providers and staff that we provide excellent, compassionate care to all of our patients. We are honored to carry the seal of WomenCertified."
For 30 years, Jordan Valley Medical Center has provided care to women in Utah, specifically through the Women’s Center and the Breast Care Center.
The Breast Care Center provides women with comprehensive breast health care, including preventive screenings, diagnostic and treatment services, educational programs and support services.
The hospital also has a new Level III neonatal intensive care unit, the highest possible designation for intensive care neonatology, in the Women’s Center. The NICU features 11 individual suites for newborns and their families. Mothers are provided a private room for breast pumping, and parents are housed in transition rooms that allow them to “live in” with their babies while in the NICU.
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 107
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 89
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 77
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23