Michael Brandy, Deseret News
WEST JORDAN — Jordan Valley Medical Center has received an award based on its services for women.
The hospital was named an honoree of the Women’s Choice Award seal for America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Patient Excellence by WomenCertified, an award program for businesses that support the empowerment of women in the community and set the highest standards of excellence.
“Jordan Valley Medical Center is proud to be included in the 100 Top Hospitals for Patient Experience," said Steven Anderson, CEO of Jordan Valley Medical Center. "It is important to our providers and staff that we provide excellent, compassionate care to all of our patients. We are honored to carry the seal of WomenCertified."
For 30 years, Jordan Valley Medical Center has provided care to women in Utah, specifically through the Women’s Center and the Breast Care Center.
The Breast Care Center provides women with comprehensive breast health care, including preventive screenings, diagnostic and treatment services, educational programs and support services.
The hospital also has a new Level III neonatal intensive care unit, the highest possible designation for intensive care neonatology, in the Women’s Center. The NICU features 11 individual suites for newborns and their families. Mothers are provided a private room for breast pumping, and parents are housed in transition rooms that allow them to “live in” with their babies while in the NICU.
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 81
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 59
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12