SUMMIT PARK, Summit County — A 72-year-old man was killed in a single-vehicle accident Monday afternoon.
A Utah Department of Transportation employee came across a Mercedes SUV that had apparently veered off the road and smashed into a concrete bridge underneath I-80 on East Canyon Road about 12:30 p.m, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
There were no witnesses to the crash. Speed was believed to be a factor, Hoyal said.
An autopsy was expected to be conducted to determine if the victim suffered a medical condition before crashing, Hoyal said.
The man's name was not immediately released pending notification of family members.
— Pat Reavy
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12