SUMMIT PARK, Summit County — A 72-year-old man was killed in a single-vehicle accident Monday afternoon.
A Utah Department of Transportation employee came across a Mercedes SUV that had apparently veered off the road and smashed into a concrete bridge underneath I-80 on East Canyon Road about 12:30 p.m, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
There were no witnesses to the crash. Speed was believed to be a factor, Hoyal said.
An autopsy was expected to be conducted to determine if the victim suffered a medical condition before crashing, Hoyal said.
The man's name was not immediately released pending notification of family members.
— Pat Reavy
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7