SUMMIT PARK, Summit County — A 72-year-old man was killed in a single-vehicle accident Monday afternoon.
A Utah Department of Transportation employee came across a Mercedes SUV that had apparently veered off the road and smashed into a concrete bridge underneath I-80 on East Canyon Road about 12:30 p.m, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
There were no witnesses to the crash. Speed was believed to be a factor, Hoyal said.
An autopsy was expected to be conducted to determine if the victim suffered a medical condition before crashing, Hoyal said.
The man's name was not immediately released pending notification of family members.
— Pat Reavy
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 15