SUMMIT PARK, Summit County — A 72-year-old man was killed in a single-vehicle accident Monday afternoon.
A Utah Department of Transportation employee came across a Mercedes SUV that had apparently veered off the road and smashed into a concrete bridge underneath I-80 on East Canyon Road about 12:30 p.m, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
There were no witnesses to the crash. Speed was believed to be a factor, Hoyal said.
An autopsy was expected to be conducted to determine if the victim suffered a medical condition before crashing, Hoyal said.
The man's name was not immediately released pending notification of family members.
— Pat Reavy
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 21
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 11