Issues surrounding society today — unemployment, choosing to not have children, questioning the definition of marriage — are all pulling people away from the truths of the gospel.
“If you have a question about the position of the church on [any] important issue, prayerfully ponder it, then heed the prophetic messages at this forthcoming October general conference of the church,” he said. “Those inspired addresses, plus inspiration from the Holy Ghost, will bring a fuller understanding to your mind.”
Elder Nelson advised listeners to keep studying the scriptures and doing things that build one’s faith in Jesus Christ. As individuals do so, they are naturally drawn to make wise choices.
7. How will you prepare for your personal interview with the Savior?
“You youth of the noble birthright are not perfect yet,” he said. “None of us are. So, you, along with the rest of us, are very grateful for the Atonement of the Savior, that provides full forgiveness as you truly repent.”
Each day on earth is an opportunity to take the time to prepare for the interview all will have with the Savior on Judgment Day.
“As you choose to live on the Lord’s side, you are never alone. God has given you access to his help while you move along mortality’s perilous pathway. As you diligently earnestly pour your heart out to him in daily prayer, he will send his angels to help you.”
8. In whom will you put your trust?
“You youth of the noble birthright know that God is your Father,” he said. “He loves you. He wants you to be happy. Put your trust in him. Maintain your focus on his holy temple. Be worthy to receive your endowment and sealing ordinances. Remain faithful to those covenants and return frequently to the temple. Remember, your loftiest goal is to gain the greatest of all the blessings of God, that of eternal life. Ordinances of the temple are essential to that blessing.”
It is through putting one’s trust in the Lord that all will find out their identity, purpose and blessing as a youth of the noble birthright.
Marianne Holman is a reporter for the LDS Church News in Salt Lake City. EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mormon mom, Mrs. Mexico, sticks to her...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Arizona family shares Christmas greetings...
- LDS Church enhances web pages on its history,...
- Little difference between PG-13 and R-rated...
- Defending the Faith: The collective witness...
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm... 86
- LDS Church enhances web pages on its... 86
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be... 19
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 17
- Catholic high school teacher fired... 16
- Defending the Faith: The collective... 16
- Putin defends Russian conservative values 15
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the... 13