Heber police seeking man who robbed McDonald's restaurant
HEBER CITY — A man who claimed he was armed robbed the McDonald's restaurant in Heber on Sunday, making off with a "substantial amount of money," according to police.
The robbery happened about 2:45 p.m. outside the restaurant at 600 S. Main Street, according to Wastch County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Jared Rigby.
A McDonald's employee had just left the store with a bank deposit when a man approached her, told her he had a weapon and demanded the money she was carrying, said Rigby, who was speaking on behalf of the Heber Police Department.
After the woman handed over the money, the man ran away. He is described as a white male, about 35 years old, between 5 feet 10 inches tall and 6 feet tall. The victim said the man was wearing a white hooded sweatshirt, a black baseball cap and black boots.
Sunday's holdup is the second time in recent weeks that a Heber City restaurant has been robbed. The Subway restaturant, 680 S. Main Street, was robbed about a month ago, Rigby said.
It's unclear whether there is a link between the robberies, the chief deputy said, because investigators have already solved the Subway case.
Anyone with information about the McDonald's robbery should call the Wasatch County Dispatch Center at 435-654-1411.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 43
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23