Heber police seeking man who robbed McDonald's restaurant
HEBER CITY — A man who claimed he was armed robbed the McDonald's restaurant in Heber on Sunday, making off with a "substantial amount of money," according to police.
The robbery happened about 2:45 p.m. outside the restaurant at 600 S. Main Street, according to Wastch County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Jared Rigby.
A McDonald's employee had just left the store with a bank deposit when a man approached her, told her he had a weapon and demanded the money she was carrying, said Rigby, who was speaking on behalf of the Heber Police Department.
After the woman handed over the money, the man ran away. He is described as a white male, about 35 years old, between 5 feet 10 inches tall and 6 feet tall. The victim said the man was wearing a white hooded sweatshirt, a black baseball cap and black boots.
Sunday's holdup is the second time in recent weeks that a Heber City restaurant has been robbed. The Subway restaturant, 680 S. Main Street, was robbed about a month ago, Rigby said.
It's unclear whether there is a link between the robberies, the chief deputy said, because investigators have already solved the Subway case.
Anyone with information about the McDonald's robbery should call the Wasatch County Dispatch Center at 435-654-1411.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Body in suitcase is not missing Provo woman,...
- Historic Salt Lake building now home to...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- Man dies in paragliding crash on Utah Lake
- Jury convicts San Juan County commissioner...
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 124
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- Stewart, Bishop launch group to take... 37
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- 2 Utah chiefs with Baltimore ties say... 19
- Provo businessman declines push to run... 19
- LDS Church donates $100,000 to combat... 19