21-year-old rolls car near Willard Bay exit; minor injuries
WILLARD, Box Elder – A 21-year-old sustained minor injuries after rolling her Jeep Saturday afternoon on Interstate 15.
Utah Highway Patrol trooper Doug Christensen said Sianae Mercado was driving southbound in a Jeep Liberty just south of the Willard Bay exit at about 2:35 p.m. when the accident happened. Christensen said Mercado told officers she didn't notice a car next to her when she began to merge from the slow to fast lane.
"She overcorrected to the right, causing her to go back into the slow lane," he said. "(She) over corrected again to the left causing her to go into the median where she made contact with the cable barrier."
Christensen said the front of the Jeep hit the barrier, the car rolled down the barrier, and landed on its wheels in the median facing north-east.
He said Mercada was transported to the hospital with minor injuries.
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- IRS raids properties with possible polygamist...
- 7 more of the most infamous criminals in Utah...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- 2 corrections officials resign in wake of...
- UHP trooper hit during I-15 traffic stop
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 13
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11