21-year-old rolls car near Willard Bay exit; minor injuries
WILLARD, Box Elder – A 21-year-old sustained minor injuries after rolling her Jeep Saturday afternoon on Interstate 15.
Utah Highway Patrol trooper Doug Christensen said Sianae Mercado was driving southbound in a Jeep Liberty just south of the Willard Bay exit at about 2:35 p.m. when the accident happened. Christensen said Mercado told officers she didn't notice a car next to her when she began to merge from the slow to fast lane.
"She overcorrected to the right, causing her to go back into the slow lane," he said. "(She) over corrected again to the left causing her to go into the median where she made contact with the cable barrier."
Christensen said the front of the Jeep hit the barrier, the car rolled down the barrier, and landed on its wheels in the median facing north-east.
He said Mercada was transported to the hospital with minor injuries.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 21
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 21
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12