21-year-old rolls car near Willard Bay exit; minor injuries
WILLARD, Box Elder – A 21-year-old sustained minor injuries after rolling her Jeep Saturday afternoon on Interstate 15.
Utah Highway Patrol trooper Doug Christensen said Sianae Mercado was driving southbound in a Jeep Liberty just south of the Willard Bay exit at about 2:35 p.m. when the accident happened. Christensen said Mercado told officers she didn't notice a car next to her when she began to merge from the slow to fast lane.
"She overcorrected to the right, causing her to go back into the slow lane," he said. "(She) over corrected again to the left causing her to go into the median where she made contact with the cable barrier."
Christensen said the front of the Jeep hit the barrier, the car rolled down the barrier, and landed on its wheels in the median facing north-east.
He said Mercada was transported to the hospital with minor injuries.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Utah man building Disneyland out of Legos...
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Fight Like Girls group helps women battle...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 66
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 36
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 16