21-year-old rolls car near Willard Bay exit; minor injuries
WILLARD, Box Elder – A 21-year-old sustained minor injuries after rolling her Jeep Saturday afternoon on Interstate 15.
Utah Highway Patrol trooper Doug Christensen said Sianae Mercado was driving southbound in a Jeep Liberty just south of the Willard Bay exit at about 2:35 p.m. when the accident happened. Christensen said Mercado told officers she didn't notice a car next to her when she began to merge from the slow to fast lane.
"She overcorrected to the right, causing her to go back into the slow lane," he said. "(She) over corrected again to the left causing her to go into the median where she made contact with the cable barrier."
Christensen said the front of the Jeep hit the barrier, the car rolled down the barrier, and landed on its wheels in the median facing north-east.
He said Mercada was transported to the hospital with minor injuries.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- About Utah: Pedal power at the market
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 11