21-year-old rolls car near Willard Bay exit; minor injuries
WILLARD, Box Elder – A 21-year-old sustained minor injuries after rolling her Jeep Saturday afternoon on Interstate 15.
Utah Highway Patrol trooper Doug Christensen said Sianae Mercado was driving southbound in a Jeep Liberty just south of the Willard Bay exit at about 2:35 p.m. when the accident happened. Christensen said Mercado told officers she didn't notice a car next to her when she began to merge from the slow to fast lane.
"She overcorrected to the right, causing her to go back into the slow lane," he said. "(She) over corrected again to the left causing her to go into the median where she made contact with the cable barrier."
Christensen said the front of the Jeep hit the barrier, the car rolled down the barrier, and landed on its wheels in the median facing north-east.
He said Mercada was transported to the hospital with minor injuries.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12