ROY — The search continued Sunday for a man wanted in connection with the fatal shooting of a 23-year-old man in Roy.
Just after midnight Sunday, officers received a call of a fight at a house party near 2950 W. 4650 South. While en route, officers learned shots had been fired, said Roy police officer Bryce Weir.
At the house, detectives found a man who had been shot. The victim received emergency medical care, but was pronounced dead at an area hospital. Police had not released the man's name as of Sunday evening.
Few details about the case were released Sunday due to the on-going investigation, including whether the victim was found inside or outside the house, how many times he was shot, whether the suspect and victim knew each other prior to Sunday morning, or what their initial argument was about.
Weir confirmed that multiple shots were fired. He could not say Sunday if a weapon was recovered. About a dozen people were at the house at the time for a party. Neither the suspect nor victim lived at the residence, he said.
Investigators were looking Sunday for Ruben Alvarado Nava III, who lives in Weber County.
“Efforts have been ongoing to locate him,” Weir said. “He is currently considered armed and dangerous.
A search warrant was served Sunday on the house where the shooting occurred. Weir could not discuss what potential evidence was collected.
According to Utah State Court records, Nava was convicted of joyriding in 2006, a felony amended to a misdemeanor. He was sentenced to jail time, running consecutively with an earlier conviction that same year of two counts of felony forgery. In 2005, he was convicted of misdemeanor drug possession and in 2004, misdemeanor simple assault and domestic violence, according to court records.
Any information about his whereabouts should be reported to the Roy police department at 801-629-8221.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 12