Woman in Draper officer's death arrested after hospital releases her
SALT LAKE CITY — A woman connected to the shooting death of a Draper police officer last weekend was arrested late Saturday after she was released from the hospital.
Detectives arrested Traci Vaillancourt, 34, for investigation of obstructing justice in the ongoing investigation into the death of Draper Police Sgt. Derek Johnson. Vaillancourt was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail.
She was interviewed on three different occasions, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
"During those interviews she gave different statements that were inconsistent with physical evidence," Hoyal said. "Also, as subsequent interviews took place, she gave additional details that were not disclosed in the previous interviews."
He said Vaillancourt is still considered to be the victim of a shooting. Investigators believe her boyfriend, Timothy Troy Walker, shot her and also shot Johnson before turning the gun on himself. Police have not said whether they believe Walker shot Johnson before or after shooting Vaillancourt.
Walker remained hospitalized in serious condition Saturday and has not yet been interviewed.
A funeral was held for the Draper police sergeant on Friday.
- Mentor to Brandon Mull, James Dashner chose...
- Deedee Corradini, Salt Lake's first and only...
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the NFL,...
- Victim of Washington Terrace homicide...
- Utah assails Obama's Clean Power Plan
- Utahns react to death of former Salt Lake...
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years ......
- K2 The Church's grand opening a neighborhood...
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 55
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the... 37
- Utah assails Obama's Clean Power Plan 27
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to... 25
- With Healthy Utah stalled, lives still... 19
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 18
- Hope in a crisis: School, community... 18
- Obama plans trip to South Carolina,... 12