Woman in Draper officer's death arrested after hospital releases her
SALT LAKE CITY — A woman connected to the shooting death of a Draper police officer last weekend was arrested late Saturday after she was released from the hospital.
Detectives arrested Traci Vaillancourt, 34, for investigation of obstructing justice in the ongoing investigation into the death of Draper Police Sgt. Derek Johnson. Vaillancourt was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail.
She was interviewed on three different occasions, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
"During those interviews she gave different statements that were inconsistent with physical evidence," Hoyal said. "Also, as subsequent interviews took place, she gave additional details that were not disclosed in the previous interviews."
He said Vaillancourt is still considered to be the victim of a shooting. Investigators believe her boyfriend, Timothy Troy Walker, shot her and also shot Johnson before turning the gun on himself. Police have not said whether they believe Walker shot Johnson before or after shooting Vaillancourt.
Walker remained hospitalized in serious condition Saturday and has not yet been interviewed.
A funeral was held for the Draper police sergeant on Friday.
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- Mia Love paying back money spent on...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 81
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 54
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 47
- Mia Love paying back money spent on... 43
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 34
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 18
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15