Woman in Draper officer's death arrested after hospital releases her
SALT LAKE CITY — A woman connected to the shooting death of a Draper police officer last weekend was arrested late Saturday after she was released from the hospital.
Detectives arrested Traci Vaillancourt, 34, for investigation of obstructing justice in the ongoing investigation into the death of Draper Police Sgt. Derek Johnson. Vaillancourt was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail.
She was interviewed on three different occasions, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
"During those interviews she gave different statements that were inconsistent with physical evidence," Hoyal said. "Also, as subsequent interviews took place, she gave additional details that were not disclosed in the previous interviews."
He said Vaillancourt is still considered to be the victim of a shooting. Investigators believe her boyfriend, Timothy Troy Walker, shot her and also shot Johnson before turning the gun on himself. Police have not said whether they believe Walker shot Johnson before or after shooting Vaillancourt.
Walker remained hospitalized in serious condition Saturday and has not yet been interviewed.
A funeral was held for the Draper police sergeant on Friday.
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8