Woman in Draper officer's death arrested after hospital releases her
SALT LAKE CITY — A woman connected to the shooting death of a Draper police officer last weekend was arrested late Saturday after she was released from the hospital.
Detectives arrested Traci Vaillancourt, 34, for investigation of obstructing justice in the ongoing investigation into the death of Draper Police Sgt. Derek Johnson. Vaillancourt was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail.
She was interviewed on three different occasions, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
"During those interviews she gave different statements that were inconsistent with physical evidence," Hoyal said. "Also, as subsequent interviews took place, she gave additional details that were not disclosed in the previous interviews."
He said Vaillancourt is still considered to be the victim of a shooting. Investigators believe her boyfriend, Timothy Troy Walker, shot her and also shot Johnson before turning the gun on himself. Police have not said whether they believe Walker shot Johnson before or after shooting Vaillancourt.
Walker remained hospitalized in serious condition Saturday and has not yet been interviewed.
A funeral was held for the Draper police sergeant on Friday.
- Hillcrest students, others show support for...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- New details in court reveal alleged shooter...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on dietary...
- Harley rider killed in accident identified
- Despite rain, Utahns still have plenty of...
- Mia Love pushing higher education act
- Report: Millennials in Utah mirror dropping...
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 50
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter 42
- First prison relocation open house... 38
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Legalize medical marijuana? Utahns... 28
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 28
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah's air pollution problem: What does... 17