Woman in Draper officer's death arrested after hospital releases her
SALT LAKE CITY — A woman connected to the shooting death of a Draper police officer last weekend was arrested late Saturday after she was released from the hospital.
Detectives arrested Traci Vaillancourt, 34, for investigation of obstructing justice in the ongoing investigation into the death of Draper Police Sgt. Derek Johnson. Vaillancourt was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail.
She was interviewed on three different occasions, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
"During those interviews she gave different statements that were inconsistent with physical evidence," Hoyal said. "Also, as subsequent interviews took place, she gave additional details that were not disclosed in the previous interviews."
He said Vaillancourt is still considered to be the victim of a shooting. Investigators believe her boyfriend, Timothy Troy Walker, shot her and also shot Johnson before turning the gun on himself. Police have not said whether they believe Walker shot Johnson before or after shooting Vaillancourt.
Walker remained hospitalized in serious condition Saturday and has not yet been interviewed.
A funeral was held for the Draper police sergeant on Friday.
- Utah's first family of rodeo: Riding buckin'...
- Tanker crash sends oil into Provo River as...
- Olene Walker, "one of Utah's finest public...
- Icy roads blamed for Cedar City car crash...
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving preparing...
- Hillary's grace: Watching her daughter...
- Students hope to invent windows of the future
- Troopers identify Colorado man as victim of...
- Ogden woman sues trooper, alleging he... 36
- Olene Walker, "one of Utah's finest... 15
- Man steals woman's boarding pass,... 13
- The new Thanksgiving tradition: A quick... 11
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 10
- Utah liquor consumption is up, but... 8
- Men and women: Understanding the wage... 7
- Recruiting crisis? UHP, other agencies... 6