Courtesy of Ashley Paul
ALPINE — Scores of residents in Alpine have been forced from their homes following heavy rainfall. Officials released a statement that said "All homes near Box Elder and Moyle Drive need to evacuate immediately. All those east of Grove Drive to the Willow Canyon area need to be on alert."
The National Weather Service released a report that indicated 0.75 inches of rain fell in 15 minutes at the Alpine burn scar. Debris flow has been confirmed. Flooding has also occurred in areas of Provo, Orem and Payson in Utah County, though no evacuations have been reported.
E-mail: email@example.com, Twitter: JasenLee1
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Ann Romney on likability, Hillary Clinton, MS...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 32
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20