Courtesy of Ashley Paul
ALPINE — Scores of residents in Alpine have been forced from their homes following heavy rainfall. Officials released a statement that said "All homes near Box Elder and Moyle Drive need to evacuate immediately. All those east of Grove Drive to the Willow Canyon area need to be on alert."
The National Weather Service released a report that indicated 0.75 inches of rain fell in 15 minutes at the Alpine burn scar. Debris flow has been confirmed. Flooding has also occurred in areas of Provo, Orem and Payson in Utah County, though no evacuations have been reported.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: JasenLee1
- British judge hears arguments in case LDS...
- Parties have now finalized arguments in...
- Utah prosecutors forward allegations against...
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Micronesia
- Why Syracuse mom killed her 2 daughters still...
- 25-year-old man dies after losing control of...
- Kaysville man with MS shares hope with others
- Can House speaker be a 'real fighter' in...
- Utah recognition of same-sex marriage... 73
- Parties have now finalized arguments in... 53
- British judge hears arguments in case... 47
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in... 41
- Cyclists killed in early morning crash... 36
- Utah prosecutors forward allegations... 34
- House report: John Swallow hung 'for... 32
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 29