Courtesy of Ashley Paul
ALPINE — Scores of residents in Alpine have been forced from their homes following heavy rainfall. Officials released a statement that said "All homes near Box Elder and Moyle Drive need to evacuate immediately. All those east of Grove Drive to the Willow Canyon area need to be on alert."
The National Weather Service released a report that indicated 0.75 inches of rain fell in 15 minutes at the Alpine burn scar. Debris flow has been confirmed. Flooding has also occurred in areas of Provo, Orem and Payson in Utah County, though no evacuations have been reported.
E-mail: email@example.com, Twitter: JasenLee1
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage' behind...
- Body in suitcase is not missing Provo woman,...
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- 11 signs you're a Jeep driver
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 125
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- Stewart, Bishop launch group to take... 38
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 27
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- LDS Church donates $100,000 to combat... 19
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 14