Bus carrying high school cross country team rear-ends truck
Utah Department of Public Safety
PERRY, Box Elder County — A school bus transporting a high school cross country team rear-ended a semi truck Friday afternoon, police said.
The bus from the Cache County School District was carrying the Mountain Crest High cross country team, travelling south on I-15 near the Perry port of entry about 1:10 p.m. when traffic slowed at the top of the ramp and the bus collided with the truck in front of it, the Utah Highway Patrol reported.
The team was travelling to a cross country meet in Salt Lake City.
None of the students were transported to hospitals, though some were complaining of head and neck pain, the UHP reported.
The right lane of I-15 was closed for about an hour while investigators reviewed the accident.
— McKenzie Romero
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million mark,...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Several national parks vandalized, including...
- National Guard, DPS weigh possible...
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support to...
- Stay lifted on adoptions by same-sex parents...
- 3 'scary' medical problems for kids
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 120
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 97
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 45
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 34
- Stay lifted on adoptions by same-sex... 23
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 17