Bus carrying high school cross country team rear-ends truck
Utah Department of Public Safety
PERRY, Box Elder County — A school bus transporting a high school cross country team rear-ended a semi truck Friday afternoon, police said.
The bus from the Cache County School District was carrying the Mountain Crest High cross country team, travelling south on I-15 near the Perry port of entry about 1:10 p.m. when traffic slowed at the top of the ramp and the bus collided with the truck in front of it, the Utah Highway Patrol reported.
The team was travelling to a cross country meet in Salt Lake City.
None of the students were transported to hospitals, though some were complaining of head and neck pain, the UHP reported.
The right lane of I-15 was closed for about an hour while investigators reviewed the accident.
— McKenzie Romero
- Hundreds search for missing Provo woman who...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- 'As great as hosting the Olympics': Utah's...
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Utah construction companies fined, ordered to...
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 60
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 58
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 45
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 21
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 21
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant... 21
- Utah high school students unprepared... 15