Bus carrying high school cross country team rear-ends truck
Utah Department of Public Safety
PERRY, Box Elder County — A school bus transporting a high school cross country team rear-ended a semi truck Friday afternoon, police said.
The bus from the Cache County School District was carrying the Mountain Crest High cross country team, travelling south on I-15 near the Perry port of entry about 1:10 p.m. when traffic slowed at the top of the ramp and the bus collided with the truck in front of it, the Utah Highway Patrol reported.
The team was travelling to a cross country meet in Salt Lake City.
None of the students were transported to hospitals, though some were complaining of head and neck pain, the UHP reported.
The right lane of I-15 was closed for about an hour while investigators reviewed the accident.
— McKenzie Romero
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8