Bus carrying high school cross country team rear-ends truck
Utah Department of Public Safety
PERRY, Box Elder County — A school bus transporting a high school cross country team rear-ended a semi truck Friday afternoon, police said.
The bus from the Cache County School District was carrying the Mountain Crest High cross country team, travelling south on I-15 near the Perry port of entry about 1:10 p.m. when traffic slowed at the top of the ramp and the bus collided with the truck in front of it, the Utah Highway Patrol reported.
The team was travelling to a cross country meet in Salt Lake City.
None of the students were transported to hospitals, though some were complaining of head and neck pain, the UHP reported.
The right lane of I-15 was closed for about an hour while investigators reviewed the accident.
— McKenzie Romero
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 38
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11
- Cheerleaders for Medicaid expansion ask... 9