Bus carrying high school cross country team rear-ends truck
Utah Department of Public Safety
PERRY, Box Elder County — A school bus transporting a high school cross country team rear-ended a semi truck Friday afternoon, police said.
The bus from the Cache County School District was carrying the Mountain Crest High cross country team, travelling south on I-15 near the Perry port of entry about 1:10 p.m. when traffic slowed at the top of the ramp and the bus collided with the truck in front of it, the Utah Highway Patrol reported.
The team was travelling to a cross country meet in Salt Lake City.
None of the students were transported to hospitals, though some were complaining of head and neck pain, the UHP reported.
The right lane of I-15 was closed for about an hour while investigators reviewed the accident.
— McKenzie Romero
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 92
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 63
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 30
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 26
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 18