Bus carrying high school cross country team rear-ends truck
Utah Department of Public Safety
PERRY, Box Elder County — A school bus transporting a high school cross country team rear-ended a semi truck Friday afternoon, police said.
The bus from the Cache County School District was carrying the Mountain Crest High cross country team, travelling south on I-15 near the Perry port of entry about 1:10 p.m. when traffic slowed at the top of the ramp and the bus collided with the truck in front of it, the Utah Highway Patrol reported.
The team was travelling to a cross country meet in Salt Lake City.
None of the students were transported to hospitals, though some were complaining of head and neck pain, the UHP reported.
The right lane of I-15 was closed for about an hour while investigators reviewed the accident.
— McKenzie Romero
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Ann Romney on likability, Hillary Clinton, MS...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 43
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 41
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 32
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20