Sen. Ted Cruz coming to Utah to raise money for Sen. Mike Lee
Justin Hayworth, Associated Press
SALT LAKE CITY — Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, considered a contender in the race for the GOP presidential nomination in 2016, is coming to Utah next week to speak at a fundraiser for Utah Sen. Mike Lee.
Tickets to the Friday event are $2,000, Lee spokesman Brian Phillips said.
Cruz and Lee will meet with Gov. Gary Herbert "to discuss the 'Utah Model,' the issue of federalism and how states can work with the federal government on issues," Phillips said.
Lee was an early supporter of Cruz, elected last year. Now, as Lee's efforts to win re-election in 2016 have been gearing up with series of fundraising emails, Cruz is returning the favor.
Lee, Cruz and other conservative GOP senators aligned with the tea party often band together on issues. Currently, they are attempting to halt funding for the Affordable Care Act, better known as Obamacare.
A fundraising email sent Thursday by Lee warns his supporters "we are outmatched in this fight" and urges them to contribute right away "to make sure I'm prepared to take advantage of any opportunity I come across."
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: DNewsPolitics
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Wyoming authorities to speak about Utah rail...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Utah man building Disneyland out of Legos...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a...
- Fruit Heights to shut off water system...
- Kaysville to fete retiring city manager at...
- Deerlodge Road to undergo $5.6M in improvements
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 35
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 25