Sen. Ted Cruz coming to Utah to raise money for Sen. Mike Lee
Justin Hayworth, Associated Press
SALT LAKE CITY — Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, considered a contender in the race for the GOP presidential nomination in 2016, is coming to Utah next week to speak at a fundraiser for Utah Sen. Mike Lee.
Tickets to the Friday event are $2,000, Lee spokesman Brian Phillips said.
Cruz and Lee will meet with Gov. Gary Herbert "to discuss the 'Utah Model,' the issue of federalism and how states can work with the federal government on issues," Phillips said.
Lee was an early supporter of Cruz, elected last year. Now, as Lee's efforts to win re-election in 2016 have been gearing up with series of fundraising emails, Cruz is returning the favor.
Lee, Cruz and other conservative GOP senators aligned with the tea party often band together on issues. Currently, they are attempting to halt funding for the Affordable Care Act, better known as Obamacare.
A fundraising email sent Thursday by Lee warns his supporters "we are outmatched in this fight" and urges them to contribute right away "to make sure I'm prepared to take advantage of any opportunity I come across."
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsPolitics
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- Mia Love paying back money spent on...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 81
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 54
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 47
- Mia Love paying back money spent on... 44
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 34
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 18
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15