Ray Boren, Deseret News
VERNAL — The Ashley and Uinta-Wasatch-Cache national forests are seeking individuals interested in their national forests to serve as members on Resource Advisory Committees. Nomination applications should be submitted by Sept. 25.
The committees provide an opportunity to work with local national forests and projects that will benefit National Forest System lands and the local communities.
Resource Advisory Committees consist of 15 members appointed for a four-year term representing a wide range of interests. The committee’s duties include reviewing proposed land management projects on or adjacent to national forest lands. The committee recommends projects to fund and is responsible for coordinating with land management agencies and county officials.
The four-year term begins upon appointment by the secretary of agriculture. Committee members serve without compensation but may be reimbursed for travel expenses. Members must be Utah residents, preferably living in Daggett, Duchesne or Uintah counties for the Ashley National Forest and in Cache, Juab, Tooele, Utah and Wasatch counties for the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest. Meetings are held on an as-needed basis.
The application form and additional information can be obtained from Louis Haynes for the Ashley National Forest email@example.com or 435-781-5105. For positions on the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache Resource Advisory Committee, contact Loyal Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-999-2113.
Information also can be found online at www.fs.usda.gov.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay...
- Woman accused of leaving young son outside...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 53
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 48
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 31
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 27