Ray Boren, Deseret News
VERNAL — The Ashley and Uinta-Wasatch-Cache national forests are seeking individuals interested in their national forests to serve as members on Resource Advisory Committees. Nomination applications should be submitted by Sept. 25.
The committees provide an opportunity to work with local national forests and projects that will benefit National Forest System lands and the local communities.
Resource Advisory Committees consist of 15 members appointed for a four-year term representing a wide range of interests. The committee’s duties include reviewing proposed land management projects on or adjacent to national forest lands. The committee recommends projects to fund and is responsible for coordinating with land management agencies and county officials.
The four-year term begins upon appointment by the secretary of agriculture. Committee members serve without compensation but may be reimbursed for travel expenses. Members must be Utah residents, preferably living in Daggett, Duchesne or Uintah counties for the Ashley National Forest and in Cache, Juab, Tooele, Utah and Wasatch counties for the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest. Meetings are held on an as-needed basis.
The application form and additional information can be obtained from Louis Haynes for the Ashley National Forest firstname.lastname@example.org or 435-781-5105. For positions on the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache Resource Advisory Committee, contact Loyal Clark at email@example.com or 801-999-2113.
Information also can be found online at www.fs.usda.gov.
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 84
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 31
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Man accused in BYU gropings ordered to... 7