WEST VALLEY — Police were hoping to learn more Thursday that will help them locate suspects involved in the shooting of three people Wednesday night.
One of the three shooting victims remained hospitalized Wednesday in serious but stable condition.
Just after 10 p.m., police received a call of shots fired off Park Way and 3400 West. Two groups met at a nearby park to settle a disagreement, according to West Valley Police Sgt. Jason Hauer. While at the park, a fight broke out and the shots were fired.
Two adults and a teenager were struck with bullets, Hauer said. They were all taken to hospitals. Two of the patients, including the teen, were treated for injuries and later released, Hauer said.
Police said there appeared to be one shooter who is believed to have used a handgun.
Police said they are looking for three suspects, including the shooter. Hauer said the incident may be gang-related.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8