WEST VALLEY — Police were hoping to learn more Thursday that will help them locate suspects involved in the shooting of three people Wednesday night.
One of the three shooting victims remained hospitalized Wednesday in serious but stable condition.
Just after 10 p.m., police received a call of shots fired off Park Way and 3400 West. Two groups met at a nearby park to settle a disagreement, according to West Valley Police Sgt. Jason Hauer. While at the park, a fight broke out and the shots were fired.
Two adults and a teenager were struck with bullets, Hauer said. They were all taken to hospitals. Two of the patients, including the teen, were treated for injuries and later released, Hauer said.
Police said there appeared to be one shooter who is believed to have used a handgun.
Police said they are looking for three suspects, including the shooter. Hauer said the incident may be gang-related.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 77
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 32
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 26