WEST VALLEY — Police were hoping to learn more Thursday that will help them locate suspects involved in the shooting of three people Wednesday night.
One of the three shooting victims remained hospitalized Wednesday in serious but stable condition.
Just after 10 p.m., police received a call of shots fired off Park Way and 3400 West. Two groups met at a nearby park to settle a disagreement, according to West Valley Police Sgt. Jason Hauer. While at the park, a fight broke out and the shots were fired.
Two adults and a teenager were struck with bullets, Hauer said. They were all taken to hospitals. Two of the patients, including the teen, were treated for injuries and later released, Hauer said.
Police said there appeared to be one shooter who is believed to have used a handgun.
Police said they are looking for three suspects, including the shooter. Hauer said the incident may be gang-related.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15