RIVER HEIGHTS, Cache County — Police are investigating the death of a 2-year-old boy after finding the child dead in his home Wednesday.
The boy's body was found after his mother, 42, went to an area hospital for unknown medical reasons and hospital staff became concerned about her son's welfare, said Cache County Sheriff's Lt. Chad Jensen.
Deputies were notified about 2:30 p.m., went the home where the woman and the toddler lived alone and located the boy's body inside the home, Jensen said.
A medical examiner is working to determine the cause of death, Jensen said. Once an autopsy is complete, the sheriff's office will determine whether a criminal investigation is necessary.
The boy's mother was admitted to a Salt Lake hospital where she remained overnight, Jensen said.
No information about the woman's medical condition or what prompted hospital staff to inquire about the boy were available Wednesday. The names of the woman and the boy were not immediately released.
— McKenzie Romero
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Summer Sounds: Train, The Wallflowers play...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8