Utah State verbal commit Chase Christiansen receives scholarship offer from Navy
STANSBURY PARK – Utah State verbal commit, and Stansbury QB/LB Chase Christiansen has received an official scholarship offer from the US Naval Academy.
The dual threat quarterback and talented linebacker/safety is already committed to play in Logan for Matt Wells and the Aggies next season, and he says that the offer shouldn't affect his thought process much.
"Not really," Christiansen said via text message on Wednesday. "USU all the way!"
The Midshipmen have had their eyes on Christiansen for a while now, but it wasn't until today that an official offer was made to the senior.
CJ Pronk is a Deseret Digital Media intern and a Stansbury High School graduate. After serving an LDS Mission to the Dominican Republic, CJ will attend Southern Utah University. Follow CJ on Twitter @BigCeeJ3113.
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full...
- No timeline set to find Utah Jazz's new head...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: Grading the Jazz's...
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star athletes...
- Deseret News 2014 NFL Mock Draft: Where are...
- Rock On: Lighten up, Gordon Hayward
- High school sports: Tuesday's roundup
- U. student government passes resolution... 105
- Utah Jazz: Tyrone Corbin's contract... 56
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star... 41
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full... 29
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with... 26
- Mike Sorensen: To keep or not to keep... 24
- Speculation begins about who the next... 24
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but... 19