Utah State verbal commit Chase Christiansen receives scholarship offer from Navy
STANSBURY PARK – Utah State verbal commit, and Stansbury QB/LB Chase Christiansen has received an official scholarship offer from the US Naval Academy.
The dual threat quarterback and talented linebacker/safety is already committed to play in Logan for Matt Wells and the Aggies next season, and he says that the offer shouldn't affect his thought process much.
"Not really," Christiansen said via text message on Wednesday. "USU all the way!"
The Midshipmen have had their eyes on Christiansen for a while now, but it wasn't until today that an official offer was made to the senior.
CJ Pronk is a Deseret Digital Media intern and a Stansbury High School graduate. After serving an LDS Mission to the Dominican Republic, CJ will attend Southern Utah University. Follow CJ on Twitter @BigCeeJ3113.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 125
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 76
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 52
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33