Utah State verbal commit Chase Christiansen receives scholarship offer from Navy
STANSBURY PARK – Utah State verbal commit, and Stansbury QB/LB Chase Christiansen has received an official scholarship offer from the US Naval Academy.
The dual threat quarterback and talented linebacker/safety is already committed to play in Logan for Matt Wells and the Aggies next season, and he says that the offer shouldn't affect his thought process much.
"Not really," Christiansen said via text message on Wednesday. "USU all the way!"
The Midshipmen have had their eyes on Christiansen for a while now, but it wasn't until today that an official offer was made to the senior.
CJ Pronk is a Deseret Digital Media intern and a Stansbury High School graduate. After serving an LDS Mission to the Dominican Republic, CJ will attend Southern Utah University. Follow CJ on Twitter @BigCeeJ3113.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Utahns in baseball: Former Ute Morin plays...
- High school football: Ben Lomond Scots 2015...
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 55
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 45
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 35
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 29
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 23
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 23
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham... 16
- Morning links: BYU letting fans... 16