Utah State verbal commit Chase Christiansen receives scholarship offer from Navy
STANSBURY PARK – Utah State verbal commit, and Stansbury QB/LB Chase Christiansen has received an official scholarship offer from the US Naval Academy.
The dual threat quarterback and talented linebacker/safety is already committed to play in Logan for Matt Wells and the Aggies next season, and he says that the offer shouldn't affect his thought process much.
"Not really," Christiansen said via text message on Wednesday. "USU all the way!"
The Midshipmen have had their eyes on Christiansen for a while now, but it wasn't until today that an official offer was made to the senior.
CJ Pronk is a Deseret Digital Media intern and a Stansbury High School graduate. After serving an LDS Mission to the Dominican Republic, CJ will attend Southern Utah University. Follow CJ on Twitter @BigCeeJ3113.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45