Utah State verbal commit Chase Christiansen receives scholarship offer from Navy
STANSBURY PARK – Utah State verbal commit, and Stansbury QB/LB Chase Christiansen has received an official scholarship offer from the US Naval Academy.
The dual threat quarterback and talented linebacker/safety is already committed to play in Logan for Matt Wells and the Aggies next season, and he says that the offer shouldn't affect his thought process much.
"Not really," Christiansen said via text message on Wednesday. "USU all the way!"
The Midshipmen have had their eyes on Christiansen for a while now, but it wasn't until today that an official offer was made to the senior.
CJ Pronk is a Deseret Digital Media intern and a Stansbury High School graduate. After serving an LDS Mission to the Dominican Republic, CJ will attend Southern Utah University. Follow CJ on Twitter @BigCeeJ3113.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28