Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah will host Bike to the U Day Thursday in conjunction with the on-campus farmers market.
Bike to the U Day is also the official launch of the new Sidewalks are for Everyone campaign, which aims to increase awareness of sidewalk safety habits for pedestrians, bicyclists, skateboarders and others who use sidewalks on campus.
The bicycle-themed farmers market will feature cycling-focused vendors, and university police will be registering bikes and handing out free bike locks.
The event is from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Tanner Plaza, between the Union and Student Services buildings.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17