Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah will host Bike to the U Day Thursday in conjunction with the on-campus farmers market.
Bike to the U Day is also the official launch of the new Sidewalks are for Everyone campaign, which aims to increase awareness of sidewalk safety habits for pedestrians, bicyclists, skateboarders and others who use sidewalks on campus.
The bicycle-themed farmers market will feature cycling-focused vendors, and university police will be registering bikes and handing out free bike locks.
The event is from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Tanner Plaza, between the Union and Student Services buildings.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 26