Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah will host Bike to the U Day Thursday in conjunction with the on-campus farmers market.
Bike to the U Day is also the official launch of the new Sidewalks are for Everyone campaign, which aims to increase awareness of sidewalk safety habits for pedestrians, bicyclists, skateboarders and others who use sidewalks on campus.
The bicycle-themed farmers market will feature cycling-focused vendors, and university police will be registering bikes and handing out free bike locks.
The event is from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Tanner Plaza, between the Union and Student Services buildings.
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- 2 killed in auto accident on I-80 in Summit...
- Tino, the king of Hogle Zoo's jungle, is...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 42
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks... 27
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17