Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah will host Bike to the U Day Thursday in conjunction with the on-campus farmers market.
Bike to the U Day is also the official launch of the new Sidewalks are for Everyone campaign, which aims to increase awareness of sidewalk safety habits for pedestrians, bicyclists, skateboarders and others who use sidewalks on campus.
The bicycle-themed farmers market will feature cycling-focused vendors, and university police will be registering bikes and handing out free bike locks.
The event is from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Tanner Plaza, between the Union and Student Services buildings.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 45
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 17
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7