Cookbook review: 'Slow Cooking for Two' gives taste of the basics
½ teaspoon chili powder
1 clove garlic, minced, or ½ teaspoon bottled minced garlic
½ teaspoon onion powder
1. Place pork tenderloin in the bottom of a slow cooker liner bag.
2. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
3. Stir together the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Dijon mustard, soy sauce, chili powder, garlic and onion powder in a small bowl. Pour over tenderloin, and set aside.
To complete the recipe:
1. Place both liner bags, side by side, into the slow cooker. Drape each liner (closed) away from the other, extending over the sides of the slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on Low for 6 hours.
3. Move two large, shallow serving dishes or bowls next to the slow cooker. Remove cover and using pot holders or oven mitts, carefully remove each liner and its contents to its own serving bowl. Let the liner rest open and allow contents to cool slightly. Remove the tenderloin from the liner using tongs, and transfer to the serving bowl. Then grasp the bag, holding the top, and cut a corner off the bottom of the bag, large enough to allow the remaining contents of the bag to be released over the pork and into the bowl. Discard the liner. Repeat with the other dinner.
4. Allow the dinner not being served to cool, and package in a resealable plastic freezer bag or freezer container (remember to label it!).
5. Before serving, taste, and season again with salt and pepper.
— "Slow Cooking for Two" by Cynthia Graubart
Juan Whiting received his bachelor's degree in international studies from BYU-Idaho with an emphases in political science/agribusiness and a minor in French.
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- Book review: Young widow's memoir presents a...
- Family motto helps LDS couple put parenting...
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup from...
- 12 Disney movies that are coming out in 2015
- Top honeymoon destinations for 2015
- Want to conquer your fears? Embrace rejection
- Are you part of the global 'baby shortage'?
- Are you part of the global 'baby... 12
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup... 12
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos... 5
- Family motto helps LDS couple put... 5
- Sherry Young: Nostalgia, airplanes and... 4
- Motherhood Matters: To grouchy moms... 4
- Does taking advantage of family leave... 4
- Dad gets 'no-show' bill after... 3