Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Spencer Fox Eccles Business Building at the David Eccles School of Business at the University of Utah is now complete, bringing an array of the building’s innovate facilities to active use.
“With the completion of this project, the opportunities and facilities the David Eccles School of Business can offer to students are second to none,” said Dean Taylor Randall. “Since this building’s inauguration, we have seen a truly accelerated rate of engagement, innovation and collaboration, unprecedented in our history. The Spencer Fox Eccles Business Building has helped elevate our level of excellence to the national stage and enabled us to attract the world’s brightest young business minds.”
The second phase of the project included 11 new rooms, 10 new team discussion rooms and three new conference rooms. A trading room features four large projection screens and multiple computers to help better prepare students for careers in financial services.
The First Security Board Room honors the Legacy of First Security Bank.
Seventy percent of the state-of-the-art building is dedicated specifically to students, via classrooms, computer labs, meeting places and student lounges.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Fight Like Girls group helps women battle...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 70
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 37
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 16